Delete past webinars from the history

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented.

Hi Team,

Can you help me to remove the test records entry into the GOTOWebinar. I want to delete them into the GTW but not found any correct method?

80 Comments
MPruss

If you think this is an 'idea' then somebody should tell LMI that this feature will be mandatory in the new European dataprotection regulations in 2018. Nobody in Europe would be allowed to use the system if it is not possible to delete personal data that are collected with webinars. So at least the participants of the webinars must be deletable if not the whole webinar.

In Germany many companies use the system despite it is already forbidden to use systems where personal data cannot be deleted after the intended use. The pernalties for this are low until now but with the new european regulation will have penalties up to 10.000.000 Euros.

So i think this feature will be more than an 'idea'.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

While organizers do not have the ability to delete webinars from their history, we can delete your entire webinar account and history as per GDPR compliance if you close it. Please contact Support and make that request.

(updated 9/27/18 for accuracy)

Cédric49
Active Contributor

Any news on the possibility to "delete old webinars" ?

I have the same issue, with some "test" webinars I'd like to remove from history...

(at least : can I submit webinars'IDs to remove, to someone in charge ?)

Thanks,

Cédric.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Cédric49 @MPruss  While we cannot delete specific events from GoToWebinar history, we can anonymize attendance data from reporting to comply with privacy regulations.

Cédric49
Active Contributor

@AshC Thanks for your reply.

Though my wish is not to "anonymize attendance", but to remove / delete a past webinar that I used as "test" for instance = I do these "test" webinars about twice a year, to make sure my whole system works properly (cam, mics, PC, recordings...), as if in "real conditions"

But then it would be useful to remove them from my history (so my KPIs or navitaging gets easier...)

Good if you can push the idea to to management 😉

And thanks for your help anyway.

ryanz
Visitor

I like to do a quick practice run with my panelists the day prior to the webinar so I use the built-in practice mode.  I have a few questions about this...

1. If I click "start broadcast" during practice mode will registered attendees be able to join?  If yes, why have a practice mode at all?
  2. Can I permanently remove this from analytics? It's annoying that the practice run shows up in the analytics section and shows registrant and attendee numbers... so I have to filter it out every time I go to the anayltics page.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ryanz  I can assure you that Attendees cannot join a scheduled GoToWebinar until an Organizer officially starts the broadcast for all participants.  I'm afraid past webinars cannot be deleted from the history / analytics at this time.

ryanz
Visitor

@AshC so does that mean if I click the "Practice" button in the dashboard, then while in the practice mode I click the "Start Broadcast" button, it will be open for registered attendees to hear audio and see what we share?  

If the answer to the above question is "yes" then I don't understand the purpose of a practice mode.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@ryanz  Correct.  Practice Mode is strictly for Staff members to connect in advance of the actual broadcast, for the purpose of pre-session coordination etc. 

To actually practice a live broadcast I usually schedule a duplicate webinar for all Staff.

ryanz
Visitor
Okay, perfectly clear for me now. Thanks!