cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ehsan Mafi
New Contributor

How is "Clicked registration link" tracked?

For the Attendance funnel in the Analytics report, how is the first step, "Clicked registration link", tracked? We have a URL company.com/webinar that redirects to the attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/XXXXXXXXXXXX page and we've noticed that our "Clicked registration link" numbers have been tanking.

Does "Clicked registration link" track people who clicked the "Register" button? And would the "Registered" step then be people who registered from the follow up email? If that's the case, what's the difference between "Registered" and "Attended"

Looking for clarity on what specific action triggers "Clicked registration link", "Registered" and "Attended" in the Attendance funnel.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How is "Clicked registration link" tracked?

Ehsan,
The 'Clicked Registration Link' value counts the page loads which includes clicking on the link or reloading the page.  I don't believe this has changed at all in the recent past.  I'd like to also add that this statistic is not in real time, and will only be added to reports every so often.  I unfortunately do not have a set schedule for this lineup.

I'd like to offer another item, if you have registration links in different marketing locations, called Source Tracking:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/source-tracking-beta-g2w090114 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Ehsan,
We try to keep track of the number of people who download images from your GoToWebinar invitation for this statistic, so it should be taken with a grain of salt --- the accuracy is not 100%.

'Registered' people indicates they filled out all the required questions on your GoToWebinar registration page.  Not all people who click the registration link successfully register.  Not all who successfully register decide to attend.  Thus, the three categories available to Organizers on webinar reports.

Ehsan Mafi
New Contributor

Hi Ash, thank you for the lighting fast reply! I'm crystal clear on the "Registered" and "Attended" steps, but still hazy on the first step.

To give you context,  our "Clicked registration link" numbers (for our weekly webinar) have gone from ~7000 last year to 5-600 in January to 100-175 in the last two weeks. And I'm trying to figure out why because our final "Attended" numbers are dropping too. 

Has GoToWebinar changed how that first metric is calculated? Also, I'm not clear on what you mean by tracking the number of people who download images from the invitation. Can you elaborate?

Let's use our webinar as an example? Here's the link:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/2106765806517623308

If you click on that link, are you counted under "Clicked registration link"?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Ehsan,
The 'Clicked Registration Link' value counts the page loads which includes clicking on the link or reloading the page.  I don't believe this has changed at all in the recent past.  I'd like to also add that this statistic is not in real time, and will only be added to reports every so often.  I unfortunately do not have a set schedule for this lineup.

I'd like to offer another item, if you have registration links in different marketing locations, called Source Tracking:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/source-tracking-beta-g2w090114 

View solution in original post

Ehsan Mafi
New Contributor

Excellent, thank you Ash!
Georgina Rebecc
New Contributor

I'm still a little confused about the "Clicked Registration Link" in my reports.  The number varies from attendee report to report, so is this number specific to a session?  Or is this number a general count of how many times the webinar registration page was visited (I have multiple sessions per webinar, there is a dropdown list).  Could you please tell me how the number is pulled for the reports?  

For example, I pulled  a report for a recent session I had, and then pulled a past report for the same webinar (different session).  The clicked registration link # was LESS in my recent webinar than in my past webinar, which doesn't make sense if the number is telling me how many people visited the page, because the number would then grow every session I have.  Could someone please explain?

Thank you so much!
Jonas Verstuyft
Active Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Clicked registration link number is lower than registered number.

In the webinar insights from one of our webinars I noticed that the "clicked registration link" number is lower than the "registered" number. How is that possible?
Rach1
Active Contributor

Hi there - I am very interested in learning more about the 'clicked on registration' link counts delegates.

This is a great feature - could you tell me how this works please?  Does the system filter out duplicates for example?  Are these just unique clicks? 

I notice this figure differs from our LinkedIn stats for example, in that the GoToWebinar count is lower.  Thank you!

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Rach1  This statistic can result in duplicates if an Attendee reloads the web page, as we pull the stats based upon how many times the web page images are downloaded from our servers. 

Rach1
Active Contributor

Understood.  Thanks for the clarification.