cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce Barishman
New Contributor

How to have a custom question require a response when viewing a recorded webinar?

I have a custom required question for registration to my webinar. I host the webinar and record it. I then send out a link to the recorded webinar. How do I require that custom question to be answered when someone registers to watch the recorded webinar?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How to have a custom question require a response when viewing a recorded webinar?

@Ed Broadhurst1  Once the recording is linked to the webinar post-broadcast you need to save and share the original registration link if you want to use the original registration questions with it.  New registrants using the originally advertised registration link will automatically be brought to the cloud recording once they answer the required registration questions.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: How to have a custom question require a response when viewing a recorded webinar?

Hi Bruce,

When you share a webinar recording from My Recordings there are two share link options: the first links to your original webinar registration page, the second links to a basic name and email address registration page. As long as you use the first link, anyone registering to watch the recording will have to fill out the same registration questions as the live attendees. http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/help_files/G2W040007#share

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Ed Broadhurst1
Active Contributor

I am new to community and recognize this is a very old response I am addressing, but your answer was incorrect.  This is about a person who was invited and did register but did not attend.  When he then gets a followup email with link to the recording and he accesses that link, he does not have the same registration questions, he only has to provide name and email address.  I conduct training webinars and frequently share the recording link in followups several months later.  I have a large group of potential attendees and without being able to require additional fields in that followup registration, I am not able to easily locate that person in my data.

This would seem to be a simple process to be able to add a few identifying fields to solve the issue.  I post this in the hope that your development team would give this consideration

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Since the person in question has completed the registration for the webinar, they have completed the extra questions you require.  Run an Attendee Report to see the answers.

The recording is automatically added to the registration page, so after the webinar is over, anyone who goes to the webinar registration page can answer the webinar registration questions then be directed to the recording.

There are two links you can share for the recording. One is directly to the recording, where as you mentioned there are limited registration questions, and the other is a link to the original webinar registration page.

I always share the link to the original webinar registration page to folks who need to access the recording.

The webinar registration links on  my public calendar usually say "Register for, or view the recording of the webinar"

Ed Broadhurst1
Active Contributor

thank you.  I will give that a try

Ed Broadhurst1
Active Contributor

I just tested your suggestion by sending the original registration link to another email address.  I selected the webinar from my system, clicked on edit and went to the share field.  Then when I accessed that link, it said that the webinar is concluded and added my original email address for contact

what am I doing wrong?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

find that webinar in the Past Events list on your dashboard at goto.com

Open the Registration part of that webinar's  web page

Click below After Session Video to see if your recording is linked to your webinar.  If not, find the recording and link it here.  This sets which recording people get if they register after the end of the webinar.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Ed Broadhurst1  Once the recording is linked to the webinar post-broadcast you need to save and share the original registration link if you want to use the original registration questions with it.  New registrants using the originally advertised registration link will automatically be brought to the cloud recording once they answer the required registration questions.

View solution in original post

Ed Broadhurst1
Active Contributor

thank you, that works.  you have saved me a great deal of ongoing efforts

Ed Broadhurst1
Active Contributor

Well, I finally got a chance to test this on a recent session I conducted.  I put the recording in the indicated place, then sent it to myself.  It did take me to the original set of registration questions, which I completed, and took me to the recording.  However, when I went to the analysis section and ran registration, attendance and recording viewing, my registration does not show in any of the reports.  This was a closed webinar.

I am conducting a session Thursday and will activate this before it goes to a past event status to see if that makes a difference

more later