cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mediadarling
New Contributor

In webcast mode is there a way to prevent the screen from going light to dark in safari?

I recently uploaded a video and broadcasted it as a simulted webinar. Those who watched complained of the screen going light to dark during the entire hour - I also saw it. I recreated the issue for the customer service tech. It's a flaw in go to webinar. They suggest using gotostage but its not the same - I need people to register for this each webinar seperately. I have another one coming up and I need help resolving this. 

16 REPLIES 16
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: In webcast mode is there a way to prevent the screen from going light to dark in safari?

Hi @mediadarling ,

If the recording playback is not what you expected, are you seeing flickering of the video itself when not attached to any simulated webinars? 

Do you also have the case number for a closer examination? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mediadarling
New Contributor

Re: In webcast mode is there a way to prevent the screen from going light to dark in safari?

Case #13408035

It does not flicker and its not the playback. When you upload a video to the library you can preview the video 0 it looked fine during the preview. The issue comes into play when the the simultaed webinar starts and it plays the video. If you are watching in safai the screen goes light to dark.

mediadarling
New Contributor

do you have any updates on this case.

mediadarling
New Contributor

Hello, are there any solutions to this issue?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

This may be a functionality specific to that OS / Browser, and I'll look into why it behaves that way. 

mediadarling
New Contributor

Thank you, I have another webcast coming up next week and go to webinar has not providedany solutions and I cant just tell people not to watch in safari.

Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.

mediadarling
New Contributor

It happeneda gain today  - webcast mode webinar thescreen on ipads and macs went dark on the bottom half several times. This is not being resolved by go to webinar - they have no solution except to tellpeoplenot to watch on apple productsand  thats not resonable so I thin Im going to have to find a new platform fo r future webinars.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@mediadarling  Was the GoToWebinar app in the background or in simultaneous use of other active apps being utilized on iOS devices? 

mediadarling
New Contributor

No the go to webinar app was the only thing on my computer the first time it happened (and thenagain it hapened with the go to webinar support person and it was the only thing running and it happened again today on an ipad and it was the only thing running.