cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John P Kelliher
New Contributor

Re: Cancelled Registration Report

Arthur and Shadi,

We are having serious issues with keeping track of cancellations ourselved. It would be helpful if the GoToWebinar API at least had a cancellation call. So now we have all of these registrants that just look like they failed to attend, not that they actually cancelled. 

We have spoken with LogMeIn (GTW parent company) about this and their system has the API for cancellations. However, they do not seem to be in any hurry to offer this to the GTW customers. Please raise this issue as many times as you can. This causes a truly poor user experience.

Being able to track who cancelled, is a critical component to having a webinar where people register. Otherwise, you would simply have an open meeting where anyone can attend. Using the GoToWebinar tool over GoToMeeting is 90% about tracking registration, attendance, non-attendance, and cancellation

GTW - please correct this as soon as possible. It is a simple API rule.

(meta: cancellations; cancel; cancel registrations; cancellation report; cancel API; cancellation API)
John P Kelliher
New Contributor

Re: Is there a way to view names of people who registered but then cancelled?

Lindsay and Glenn,

We are having serious issues with keeping track of cancellations ourselves. It would be helpful if at least the GoToWebinar API had a cancellation call. So now we have all of these registrants that just look like they failed to attend, not that they actually cancelled. 

We have spoken with LogMeIn (GTW parent company) about this and their system has the API for cancellations. However, they do not seem to be in any hurry to offer this to the GTW customers. Please raise this issue as many times as you can. This causes a truly poor user experience.

By not having the cancellation API call, any third part app where the user registers will maintain the registrant. Therefore, any follow up communications sent to the webinar registrants end up being sent to those who already cancelled. 

A notification to the host would be even simpler. My understanding is that GTW had this feature but took it away.

GTW - please correct this as soon as possible. It is a simple API rule.

(meta: cancellations; cancel; cancel registrations; cancellation report; cancel API; cancellation API)
Melissa Boehlin
Active Contributor

I would like to add to this is very important feature that is needed.  Even if GTT could start with a notification that someone has cancelled since they can use the link on the GTT emails to cancel.  This is very important for us as we've had a case where we thought a client or partner was a no show but turns out they used the GTT link to cancel their registration instead of letting us know.  

John P Kelliher
New Contributor

Thank you for adding a reply here Melissa. The more users request this feature, the sooner we will get a response.
Lexanne Painter
New Contributor

Hi,

Is it still true that when a member cancels, they will not show up on a the Registration report? They will just be missing entirely from the report?

Thanks!
Lexanne Painter
New Contributor

Hi Ash,

Is it still true that when a member cancels, they will not show up on a the Registration report? They will just be missing entirely from the report?

Thanks!
John P Kelliher
New Contributor

Lexanne, they simply disappear from the registration report as though they never existed. There is not a record of their registration accessible anywhere.

I have asked LogMeIn support to run a special report for me and they have told me that they do not have report capabilities to access that data.

LogMeIn Support - "The raw data is there, however, the tool that we used to have previous to the LogMeIn Inc. merge is no longer available and needs to re-built so that we can generate a customer facing report with these details. This is a long term project on our engineering team's back-log with no ETA at this time. "
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

That's correct, Lexanne.

Amanda Williams
New Contributor

I would like to second this! A report would be nice. I also think an alert email would very VERY useful to have for us to be notified if someone cancels.
John P Kelliher
New Contributor

Please send this to other users. The more request, hopefully the sooner we will see some action taken.