cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Limit webinar attendees by email list?

Hi everyone,

I run a private members only group where I hold daily webinars. I would like to strictly keep this group to members only and I have noticed that some people have shared the webinar links for non members to join.

Is there any possible way I can limit who can attend by adding a list of approved email addresses (who are members on my website). I notice there is a password feature already and also manual approval but firstly the password can be shared and secondly manual approval requires some admin work.

Any solution? 

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Limit webinar attendees by email list?

@ffi  Yes, we are actually working on a way to restrict registration access to certain domains.  As soon as it gets released I expect it to be listed on the release notes section here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-News/bg-p/GoToWebinar-Release-Notes  (you can subscribe to it for all updates)

** I don't have a set ETA yet, but most of the development work is already complete.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
New Contributor

Correct this happens, but you will see double registrations in your attendee list during the session. I just dismiss  both....
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is there an easier way to do this? I have a private webinar of 500+ people run twice every day. Some people share the link and fill up the reserved space for attendees. It would be great to have an option to upload a list of valid email address for users who are allowed to register for each webinar.
Highlighted
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Peter, you can use the manual approval process to manually approve or deny multiple registrants at once. Unfortunately, there is currently no means to upload a pre-approved list. I can definitely pass this feedback along to our developers, as I can still see how you would like to avoid having to approve 1000+ people a day for your webinars.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I'm facing exactly the same issue and came across this post from 4 years ago. Has there been any progress?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@ffi  Yes, we are actually working on a way to restrict registration access to certain domains.  As soon as it gets released I expect it to be listed on the release notes section here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-News/bg-p/GoToWebinar-Release-Notes  (you can subscribe to it for all updates)

** I don't have a set ETA yet, but most of the development work is already complete.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thank you @AshC . Pleaase not however that in cases such as ours, restricing access to certain domains won't do. We work with large companies and don't want all their employees to be able to enter our webinar. The desired functionality is that we can specify a list of e-mails which can be automatically approved when people sign up with them.

I think it wouldn't take me long to write a script to do that, since it's a simple task. However I'm not sure this is how the API is expected to be used, and being such a mundane case it's likely something you'd want to offer to non-programmers.

Cheers

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@ffi  Using the GoToWebinar APIs you can import your own list of clients, or work with a provider such as MailChimp or Zapier to accomplish this. 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC, yes I uderstand that using the API it's possible do to these things, and that's probably what I will do.

My only remark is that this should be possible from within the platform.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@ffi  It is not available as a standard feature to prevent abuse.  This probably won't change in order to protect the integrity of webinar attendees.