cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MWeus
New Contributor

Movie Audio played on wrong device

Using GotoWebinar 10.13.1 Build 18705 on Win10-64, the audio of a presented movie is played on the system default speakers, not though the configured headset (where the spoken voice is heard).

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Movie Audio played on wrong device

Hi there!

Were you playing the video from the desktop, or did you upload an MP4 to the scheduled webinar beforehand?

MWeus
New Contributor

I don't know. I was attending the webinar
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@MWeus  Please keep in mind that GoToWebinar video sharing will only play the audio through your speakers / headset connected to your device.  We may change this functionality in the future to also include telephone callers.

MWeus
New Contributor

I'm aware of that. I was not connected by phone. I configured the session to use my headset. However the audio of introduction video they played was routed to my laptop speakers
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for confirming.  Can you say what computer and headset were in use at the time?

MWeus
New Contributor

Computer is a laptop running win10-64, default speakers (IDT High definition audio)
headset is a plantronics blackwire (usb connected)
tekla-webinar
New Contributor

We've had a few people report the same thing. When presenting normally the audio goes to their headset. When switching to video playback the audio goes to their external speakers (Different audio output on same computer)
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@tekla-webinar @MWeus  I think we may need some more information to recreate this problem.  Can you please specify the manufacturer and model number of the devices experiencing the sudden audio switch, as well as if this was a MP4 uploaded video or one that streamed via YouTube?

MWeus
New Contributor

I reported the devices at 10-29-2020 09:07 AM

Please note that the speakers are set as default audiodevice, the headset is configured as device only for the meeting. Since I'm an attendee I don't know the source of the video. It was some corporate promotion video I assume mp4