cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather McGrath
New Contributor

No audio from videos if dialed in by phone

Is there a work-around for the audio behavior when using Video Sharing, where the audio only going through computer speakers / not available over telephone?

- we need people that call in to hear the audio through their phone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Is there a work-around for the no audio over phone when sharing a video with Beta Videos?

Hi Heather,
At this time, that's how Video Sharing with GoToWebinar works:  Audio uses integrated VoIP audio only

If you'd like to make things easier for your attendees to hear the recording audio, you can require that they all connect via Mic & Speakers by only scheduling your webinar with VoIP audio options.

[Update] ::   In the near future we plan to also include telephone callers in the streaming-video audio bridge. 

View solution in original post

40 REPLIES 40
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Is there a work-around for the no audio over phone when sharing a video with Beta Videos?

Hi Heather,
At this time, that's how Video Sharing with GoToWebinar works:  Audio uses integrated VoIP audio only

If you'd like to make things easier for your attendees to hear the recording audio, you can require that they all connect via Mic & Speakers by only scheduling your webinar with VoIP audio options.

[Update] ::   In the near future we plan to also include telephone callers in the streaming-video audio bridge. 

View solution in original post

Vicki Auditore
Active Contributor

This is only for the Beta Labs version, right? The integrated sharing feature in the webinar pro version works with phone correct?  
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

This is referencing specifically GoToWebinar's Video Sharing, where you upload your video to individual events beforehand.  Audio in this case is VoIP only for Attendees at this time.

Vicki Auditore
Active Contributor

Is this under the "engage with attendees" area?  Or is this "Beta" something else. So you are saying folks who call in, will not be able to hear the video?  Phone is the most common method most of our attendees utilize.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

When a presenter shares a video, the video's audio feed will only be played through Computer audio (mic and speakers). This means that any attendees who have dialed into the audio conference using Phone audio will hear the video play through their computer or device's speakers rather than over the telephone. https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120

Anyone that is only dialed into the webinar and not viewing it from a computer or mobile device, will not hear the audio.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JohnW1
New Contributor

Video Beta upgrade

Will the video BETA when released be able to include voice on the phone when a video is played? When will this be available?

• When a presenter shares a video, the video's audio feed will only be played through Computer audio (mic and speakers). This means that any attendees who have dialed into the audio conference using Phone audio will hear the video play through their computer or device's speakers rather than over the telephone.
Tags (1)
Adrian_I
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Video Beta upgrade

Hi John,

In checking on this, the ability to put the video's audio through the phone line does not appear to be on the road map at this time.  I am going to tag your post as an Idea for future consideration, but no promises can be made currently.  I apologize for any inconvenience with this.

gregbc
New Contributor

Attendee audio goes out when playing videos

Hi, I have used the new Video feature around 40-50 times in the last few months.

I run a Classic webinar type, then play the pre-recorded Video which is uploaded to the webinar.

While 80-90% of attendees see the video and hear the audio perfectly fine, there is always a large proportion of people, I think around at least 10% who keep saying they cannot hear anything - they see the slides changing, but no audio.

Checking their sound settings etc does not work.

This is a much higher % of people with issues than if I run a normal Live webinar.

Also, while I'm talking live on the call, everything is fine, but as soon as I play the Video, those 10% or so of people can't hear the audio on the video.

Is this a known bug? How can we get this fixed? It's not nice to lose such a high % of people.

Thanks

Greg

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Audio Issues which playing Videos, Classic Webinar

Hi @gregbc ,

When you play a video through GoToWebinar, the audio feed switches to VoIP only at that time.  Attendees who are stuck with telephone only audio options won't be able to hear your viedo's audio feed at all unless they can figure out how to setup some desktop speakers somehow.

Playing Video feature reference guide:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120