cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregbc
New Contributor

Re: Audio Issues which playing Videos, Classic Webinar

Hi @AshC, thank you so much for your reply, thanks makes sense.

There is also a smaller % of people who say the can hear the audio on the video, but the volume is really low. They say that while I am speaking live, they can hear me normally, but the audio volume of recorded video is really low.

That's a minority of people though, most are fine.

Is there any reason why they can hear my fine live, but cannot during video playing? Is there anything in settings that they can tweak?

Thanks

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@gregbc Attendees on Windows can set different volume levels within the Volume Mixer, which may account for the lower volume when you play videos, compared to a breakout session etc.  I would have them check this area if they are joining through a Windows device.

Do you notice the volume level decrease in a recording  of these videos while in GoToMeeting yourself?

ethanone
New Contributor

This has happened to me twice (where i couldn't hear the pre-recorded portion). Both times I was listening on bluetooth headphones and both times, when I turned off the headphones and went back to the laptop speakers, the audio returned. I was on Windows and I did not have to make any volume adjustments, just had to stop using bluetooth.

dw-bio
New Contributor

Video Playback using GTW - No audio for Telephone Participants

I recently testing a GoToWebinar set up that invovled using a video playback during the session.  Although the participants who connected with computer audio could hear both presenters and the audio from the video playback, those who connected via the telehphone dial in could not hear the audio from the video playback. 

Is this a setup issue or a known limitation with GTW.  If the latter, is there any workaround?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Video Playback using GTW - No audio for Telephone Participants

It's a known limitation.  See here: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120 

For attendees who use the phone for their GoToWebinar audio, the video will attempt to play through the computer/device's speakers.  If there are no speakers connected to the computer, then there will be no sound.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

We are working to improve this experience, and hope to have the audio streaming through both telephone and VoIP in the future.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

dw-bio

I have come up with a new solution to your problem. See if this will work for you.

I had to change the link to my writeup. Here is the new link: https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Play-video-embedded-in-PowerPoint-and-mix-m... 

Jayne L
Active Contributor

Issue: Telephone-only attendees cannot hear sound from uploaded videos

Issue:

Telephone-only Attendees cannot hear the sound from recorded videos.    They basically get dead air for the time frame when videos with sound are being played.  The sound is available to those who join with phone from computer.

Impact

Our most socially isolated folks do NOT have internet or means to get it, such as smartphone, tablet or pc.

They have landline only.
We switched to gotowebinar to have the ability to share music videos and other videos and are thrilled with the functionality, but, for those on the phone only, this is another challenge.

I am disappointed in this piece, as I don't get why that sound shouldn't make it through.
I will hook this item into my overall issue with allowing those folks to participate, but, I put it in separately, as I feel it is significant, and may have a quicker solution.....(or possibly, maybe I set it up wrong, but, I can't think of how I might have)

Jayne L
Active Contributor

Re: Issue: Telephone-only attendees cannot hear sound from uploaded videos

If this is legitimately how it works (which is frustrating), then my workaround is pondering having

a) setup a conference call to run at the same time as the GoToWebinar

b) have the organizer of the conference call start it

c) have the organizer of the conference call join the GoToWebinar

d) have everyone else join the conference call.

I'm wondering if this could be done with OpenVoice. 

I'm hoping that we don't have to go down this avenue, but, not hearing the music being played is a real blocker for us.  Bad enough that we can't hear their voices, but, them having 4 or 6 minutes of dead time is tough.
On the plus side, the conference call speakers could talk and we could hear them...if the person running the conference call was able to manage them well.  

Tags (1)
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Issue: Telephone-only attendees cannot hear sound from uploaded videos

Here is an option that might work for you.  You play the video on one computer and output that to a second computer, which sends it to the GoTo audience.  Every GoToWebinar Attendee hears the audio for your video.

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Play-video-embedded-in-PowerPoint-and-mix-m...