cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayne L
Active Contributor

Re: Issue: Telephone-only attendees cannot hear sound from uploaded videos

Looking at the full thread, looks like the solution is not robust.   Worked fine on Mac, maybe not on windows.

Thinking that I am going to look at conference call solution, ie hook a conference call into the webinar.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,

We plan to include telephone audio for streaming videos later this year.  

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Jayne L
Active Contributor

@AshC  Thanks for the reply.    I can't mark it as a solution, as it does not allow my attendees to hear the sound.

Do you have a workaround recommendation?   Is there a way that we could use the OpenVoice (?) functionality to stage a conference call, which those people call into , and that we hook into the GoToWebinar.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Jayne L
Active Contributor

Chris, I so appreciate your willingness to engage and provide creative solutions.

In my solution, I did not include a variable which is internet access.  Although I moved not 20minutes from my old home with fibre-optic, i live with the only internet available is satellite.   This means that a stormy day has me switching to my cellphone hotspot.  It means that upload speeds are bad, and download are passable.  Sharing a video from webinar is what i need to do, as running from my PC is high risk of failure / delays.   Now, I could offload the sharing to someone with reliable internet; however, would still be at higher  risk of a failure or delay than an uploaded video. 

Jayne L
Active Contributor

My learning is that this is not just telephone-only.  

If you join from a smart-phone, and choose not to use data, but, rather use phone, you don't get audio from the video's either.

This is much more significant, and impacts a larger portion of the community , and I would think the use cases.

I'm presuming others new this item, but, LogMeIn,  given that video audio for webinar does not play when call-me feature is used either, then, I would suggest you should be considering this item a BUG.

Reason:  one of the sellingpoints of gotowebinar is the ability to play videos.  A reasonableportion of the consumer market will wish to use it with "call me" feature.

Hilary Lustig
Active Contributor

Re: Video Playback using GTW - No audio for Telephone Participants

Are there plans to make the audio available to dial in attendees? Seems silly that its not an option, even me, as a host dials in .

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, telephone audio will be included in the near future, though I don't have a set ETA yet. 

dw-bio
New Contributor

I purchased the ATEM Mini and unfortunatly, I experienced the W10 limitation as well and could not pass video to GTM/GTT.  I have not tried with a W7 build but I will try that and report back.

Schmagurty123
New Contributor

Re: Audio Issues which playing Videos, Classic Webinar

Had this problem and I think I figured it out. Videos that are uploaded and played through GoToWebinar have audio that is converted to Mono sound instead of stereo sound. The solution is to re-export the video with mono audio and the left channel selected and that has resolved it for us anyway.