cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelWolff1
Active Contributor

GTW - Any updates to audio issues (when sharing video) with phone and tablet users?

Have the pro account that allows video sharing.

Using windows

when setting up the meeting, under "engage attendees" i upload my video (with audio) just fine

during the presentation, I am able to share my video and audio with no issues for those on their computer (desktop or laptop)

continuing problem - those dialing in, or using the GTW on their App on their phone or tablet, cannot hear the audio. Only those that signed in on their computer are able to hear the audio.

Most of my clients use a tablet or their phone, so this is a problem for me.  Have there been any updates or fixes on this?

if there has been no updates, does anyone have a work around for this?

MichaelWolff1
Active Contributor

Re: Audio Issues which playing Videos, Classic Webinar

I had the same issue and discovered it's those attendees who are calling in, or using the app on their phone or their app, who can't hear the audio. only those on their desktop or laptop computer.

I did read somewhere that if you are editing the video, or have video editing software, to export or save the video with mono sound, left channel.  I don't have an editing software that can do that.

I'm hoping there is a fix to this from the GTW folks. kinda stinks that people can't hear the audio while on their phone or tablet considering the price we pay for the subscriptions. zoom and webex can easily play video and everyone can hear the sound, and they cost much less. not sure why GTW can't find a fix for this.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Has anyone been able to confirm specific operating systems affected by this behavior, so that we can further our investigations into the cause?

Schmagurty123
New Contributor

I am working on Mac OS. 

Leigh Strinsky
Contributor

Timeline for roll out of video sound for telephone listeners?

I've been reading threads and saw that there is a rollout planned to solve the issue of telephone listeners to be able to hear the video. What's the latest on this?

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Timeline for roll out of video sound for telephone listeners?

@Leigh Strinsky  I'm afraid I don't have any updates to share yet, though the functionality is still under production review.

JoergHufschmid
New Contributor

Videoplayback - Audio missing on Phones

We have successfully uploaded the Videos and play back. Some users from PHONE devices (not computer audio), did not got the audio signal from that video. Is this not supported or a setting issue?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Videoplayback - Audio missing on Phones

This is something GoTo is working on to improve in the future.

Right now, if an Attendee chooses to use the phone for webinar audio rather than using computer audio, the sound from the videos will NOT play on the phone, but will play through the computer speakers, if any.

jacobruffcorn
New Contributor

Re: Videoplayback - Audio missing on Phones

Hi - I see that you mentioned this is something that may be improved in the future. Has there been any changes since this post?

jacobruffcorn
New Contributor

Re: Is there a work-around for the no audio over phone when sharing a video with Beta Videos?

Hello - I noticed it says there are plans to include callers in the streaming-video audio bridge. Have any changes on this been made since this post?