cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rigoblue
New Contributor

Online Trainer: Problems with chat, attendees muted etc.

Hi,

I am not a licence holder of GoToWebinar.

I (trainer) have to work with GoToWebinar first time within 3 years online training and experience with several video conference solutions.

Client has no other option for me than GoToWebinar.

I do have a good moderator in that GoToWebinar-class and they made me "Organisator" (German).

Problems:

1. I have no access to the list of participants, I do not even know their names.

2. I can not unmute attendees -> They can not talk to me. (Moderator can not unmute them either.)

3. I can not read what the attendees write in the chat. The moderator reads their messages to me.

This is deeply frustrating as it limits the quality of the training.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Online Trainer: Problems with chat, attendees muted etc.

Hi @rigoblue Welcome to the GoTo Community. If you have the Organizer role, you should be able to view the list of participants, unmute attendees, and read what attendees write in chat. Are you certain that you had that role assigned? For future Webinars, you may want to be assigned the organizer or co-organizer role beforehand to ensure you have the correct privileges. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
rigoblue
New Contributor

Re: Online Trainer: Problems with chat, attendees muted etc.

To Kate:

Hi Kate, thank you very much for your reply.

It is helpful, I can talk to them on Monday right in time before the next module. 

They had told me I was co-organizer, but maybe they accidently chose "moderator".

Thanks again. I will let you know.

rigoblue