cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveRAB
Active Contributor

Re: Registration Links in invitation opened on IPhone not going to registration page

Hi 

The link to our next webinar is: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4875695692488659035

This only happens on IPhone

People still experiencing problems:

"I am having trouble registering for webinars. I click on the link then it takes me to the go to app and then says I can’t register.
I use this email address and have registered in the past no worries.
I would really like to watch the up coming scrotum webinar."

"Hi I’m having difficulty registering for the scrotal ultrasound webinar. When I click on the register button it takes me to the GoTo page and then when I sign in it’s says I am not authorized to use that page!  Can you please help me?
Many thanks,....."

Regards

SteveRAB
Active Contributor

Re: Registration Links in invitation opened on IPhone not going to registration page

This is my standard reply which works , not sure how many registrations we are missing out on.

"Hello
Yes I have brought this up with GoTo, I am assuming you are on an iPhone with the app installed?
To overcome this either press and hold on the link in the email and copy then open safari and paste the url in or open the email on lap/desk top.
Regards"

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @SteveRAB

Really sorry to hear this is still happening.

I tested your link, and could not replicate it using my iPhone 11, it led to the registration page. 

I'm going to share this information with the team.

In the meantime, if someone is experiencing this could you verify that they are on the latest version of the GoTo app? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
SteveRAB
Active Contributor

Just a thought but did you check if you were logged in to the app before pressing the link?

How do they know if they have the latest version of the GoTo app?

And if not how do they upgrade the app?

Regards

SteveRAB
Active Contributor

Another question, why does the link to register for a webinar open the app in the first place? It should open a browser window like on desktop.

Regards

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@SteveRAB 

I tried both when I was logged into the app, and logged out, and it took me to the registration page, as far as I know, this is the intended behavior. 

• To check the version, click on your profile icon on the top left-hand corner, scroll down to About, then app version 
  • The latest app is 2024.5.0, I know I previously experienced this bug on 2024.2.0, but as if 2024.3.0, I have not. 
  • They can check the apple app store to ensure they are on the latest version, also uninstalling and reinstalling the app will put it on the latest version. 

I do understand that this is not a smooth process, but knowing you are still experiencing this on the latest app will help with any investigation. 

SteveRAB
Active Contributor

Hi

First has there been any progress with this?

Second you say "it took me to the registration page" was that in the app or in the browser?

Can you also clear up what should happen on the IPhone with this scenario:

1) I create an email mai out that has a link to the registration page, the link is copied from the GoTo dashboard.

2) Our subscriber to the mailing list opens the email on their IPhone and clicks on the link

3) What happens next.........

Regards

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @SteveRAB ,

Here's where we are with the issue:  

• An issue in an older iOS app version caused the registration page to fail (not open) if the new GoTo app was open. This has been fixed in later versions.
  • You may want to include in your emails that users with the GoTo app installed should be on the latest version of the iOS app- 2024.5.0.
  • If a subscriber is on the latest version -2024.5.0-of the app and the registration link does not open, can you send a screenshot or video like you did previously?
  • To check the version, click on your profile icon on the top left-hand corner, scroll down to About, then app version. 

Expected behavior when using registration links on the mobile app: 

• If a subscriber opens a link on a mobile device (Android or iOS) with the new GoTo app installed, the registration link will take them to the app.
  • If a subscriber opens  a link on a mobile device (Android or iOS) and does not have the new GoTo app installed, it will take them to the browser.

I hope this helps resolve the issue. Thanks for your patience and report with this.