cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveRAB
Active Contributor

Re: Registration Links in invitation opened on IPhone not going to registration page

Thank you for your response

Your question: To clarify, the issue is attendees receiving the invitation on an iOS device, with the GoTo app installed, but signed out of the GoTo app, are being prompted to sign in before registering.
Answer: They are not signed in and they do not have a GoTo account (nor should they have to) and yes they are prompted to sign in. This also happens when thy are clicking the registration link from our website when viewing our website on their mobile browser.

Your question: I'm verifying with the team what the expected behavior is, could you also let me know how many people are experiencing this?
Answer: We have had up to 1400 registrations before the app for our conferences and bi-monthly webinars since the app we are down on registration by 20-30%, we have 10-20 people taking the time to email us and we are assuming others are just giving up.

We broadcast our sessions sometimes to over 100 countries where a lot of the emerging nations particularly Africa use mobile devices.

At present we are forced to issue the below notice to our 17,000 subscribers who are mainly hospitals and doctors from over 100 countries:

We regret to inform you that there are currently issues with the GoTo mobile app when registering for our webinars or conferences via links accessed on mobile devices, either from our emails or our website.

If you click a link from our event notification email or our website on your mobile device and are redirected to the GoTo mobile app where you're asked to sign in, this indicates an error. You should instead be directed to your default mobile web browser, where our GoTo event registration page will open.

Workarounds:

Copy and Paste the Link:

Tap and hold the link in our event notification email or on our website.
Select the "Copy Link" option.
Open your default mobile web browser.
Paste the link into the address bar.

Use a Computer:

Access the registration link using a laptop or desktop computer.
We have brought this issue to GoTo's attention multiple times without success.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

We are committed to working with you to resolve this issue promptly, as it significantly impacts our ability to deliver educational content to a large international audience.

Your attention to this matter is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to your prompt response.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Registration Links in invitation opened on IPhone not going to registration page

Thanks for the detailed information, I hear that this has been a consistent issue and will share your experience with the team. 

Registration workflow using mobile app is as follows: 

• Click on Registration link will redirect the user to GoTo App for registration
    • Registration page is loaded within the app with all the required questions, logo, feature picture etc. (you do not need to create an account or sign in to the app)
    • if App is not installed, the user is redirected to web for registration page 

Earlier this year, there was an issue in an older iOS app version which caused the registration page to fail (not open) if the new GoTo app was open. This was fixed in June. 

Currently there is no known issue with iOS registration. I'm unable to replicate the issue using an iPhone 11 or iPad. I also visited your website on an iphone and could not replicate the issue.

We need to investigate this as a new issue and look at new reports.

• Do you have access to an iOS device where you can test the links and share a screenshot or video? 
  • When someone reports issues with registration, some follow-up information will help, including: 

Device Information

• Device Model: The make and model of your mobile device (e.g., iPhone 13, Samsung Galaxy S21).
  • Operating System: The version of the operating system (iOS 16.0, Android 13.0). You can find this in the device settings.
  • Description of issue, are they experiencing an issue with iOS requesting you to sign in, or is it something else? If so a step-by-step account of how to reproduce the issue will help support understand exactly what triggers the problem.
  • If possible the version of the app you are using (found in the app store or in GoTo settings).
  • Any screenshots or videos 

I realize this is inconvenient and not an ideal experience, but because this is not a known issue and we can't replicate, we need more information for our team to investigate.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
SteveRAB
Active Contributor

I've documented this issue occurring on my device with the latest app and iOS versions. To expedite resolution, I've recorded a video demonstrating the error, clearly showing both the GoTo app version and my iPhone version.

Review the evidence here:

GoTo Registration Error Video Link 

This issue requires immediate attention.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@SteveRAB thanks for the video, it's very helpful. 

I've shared this with the team and will follow up when I learn more. 

SteveRAB
Active Contributor

We anxiously await your resolution as this is greatly impacting our charity and the work we do.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@SteveRAB  thanks again for the video. The team hasn't been able to  reproduce the issue yet, until we do it is difficult to identify the issue because there are no log files to review. 

If possible, it would help if the attendee who experienced this issue completely remove the GoTo app from their iPhone then reinstall it and test again with a registration link. The results will help. 

We are casting a wide net internally for users to try to replicate this experience. I will keep you updated. Thanks. 

SteveRAB
Active Contributor

I see, well lets take it one step at a time.

You have seen my video for my device, I have done everything you have asked and the problem is there. I hopw we can agree on that point.

What do I do to overcome then problem on my device?