cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASPSMemberOrg
Active Contributor

Reporting for Dial In attendees

My webinars are for professional continuing education credits that require all attendees be on our webinars for a minimum of 60 minutes. When I run the reports, it does not show any attendee information for people that dialed in. In fact, it records them a no shows. This is causing trouble with our attendees. How can I circumvent this and get true reporting?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Reporting for Dial In attendees

The problem is that when Registrants get their Join Link email it also has the phone number to dial to connect to the webinar without a computer.  The Registrants ignore the fine print and call the number and listen to the webinar.  They miss the visual part of the webinar.

GoTo has given people a way to circumvent the regular registration/attendance process.  We get to deal with the folks who attend without a record of their attendance.

GoTo should include text in the Join Link email message to say that credit for attending the webinar will not be given to anyone who joins using only the phone.

ASPSMemberOrg
Active Contributor

Thanks for your response. I can see that these folks actually registered for the event, they just used the dial in to log in... usually when they had trouble connecting the normal way.

Do you know if we can remove the dial in option altogether?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Years ago, the phone number was not included it the Join Link email message.  We did not have this problem back then.

You just have to tell folks up front that if they want credit for the webinar they have to join the webinar through a computer/tablet first, then they can use the option to use the phone for the audio.  If they join with just the phone they miss the visual part of the webinar.  It's fine if you are driving and wish to listen to the webinar, but to truly experience they webinar, you have to have both the visual and audio together.

I've had some who listen to the webinar on the phone and then later view the recording.  I can give them credit for that.

mtretina
Contributor

It would be helpful, if we could edit the phone number out of the Confirmation email.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I would like that too.  Then I could give out the phone number to folks who had a really good reason for needing it.