cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klmonline
Contributor

Resend Follow Up Emails

This was a case of user error, not a bug. But it would be great if GoToWebinar let me use internal facilities to rectify it...

I did not notice that I had set my follow up emails to automatically send one hour after my webinar. The template information went out with wrong and incomplete information, as I had not yet updated the custom text to reflect what I wanted to send. So everyone received the wrong information. That's on me. 

But once the follow ups have been sent, they cannot be edited and resent. So the only way to send the right info to all attendees and no-shows is to run reports, manually save the addresses, and use my own email to contact everyone. It would be very nice if GTW let us edit and resend the follow up emails after they have been sent.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Re-send follow-up email and/or certificate

I'm sorry, Astrid --- GoToWebinar Follow-up emails, Surveys, and Attendee Certificates cannot be resent after they are triggered post-broadcast.

If you have some Attendees that are not receiving GoTo emails in general, then I would first have them check their spam filter or contact their ISP / IT team to confirm 'customerservice@gotowebinar.com' is cleared for reception.  After that, it is possible they returned too many emails from LogMeIn, where we placed the address on a 'bounce' list, which can only be removed by someone in customer support (after the recipient confirms they've cleared the blockage).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Garth Coleman
New Contributor

Re: Resend Follow Up Emails

+1
Megan Lindahl
New Contributor

Re-send an Email

How can I resend an email that was scheduled to be sent 24 hours after the webinar was complete? The email was scheduled and sent already, BUT if was missing the recording link. I need to re-send with this link.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Re-send an Email

Hi Megan,
If the email has not been sent yet, you can still adjust the time setting.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Megan,

I'm sorry but it is not possible to re-send the follow-up email. You will need to run the attendee report and send the share link to the recording directly.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AstridPM
New Contributor

Re-send follow-up email and/or certificate

Hello, 

one recent webinar participant claims that she hasn't received her follow-up email but she would really like to have her certificate of attendance (I confirmed in the attendance report that she did in fact join the webinar). It is very likely that she has just lost the email but is there any way I can help her by resending either the follow-up email or certificate specifically?

Thank you,

Astrid   

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Re-send follow-up email and/or certificate

I'm sorry, Astrid --- GoToWebinar Follow-up emails, Surveys, and Attendee Certificates cannot be resent after they are triggered post-broadcast.

If you have some Attendees that are not receiving GoTo emails in general, then I would first have them check their spam filter or contact their ISP / IT team to confirm 'customerservice@gotowebinar.com' is cleared for reception.  After that, it is possible they returned too many emails from LogMeIn, where we placed the address on a 'bounce' list, which can only be removed by someone in customer support (after the recipient confirms they've cleared the blockage).

View solution in original post

Diana0820
New Contributor

I learned what I need to know from this post, however:

1. GTW needs to provide me the option to manually re-send a follow-up email when necessary, whether it's scheduled for a future time or I can send it on demand.

2. When I go the setup section of my past event, the emails section and follow-up email to attendees, the page makes it look like I can send it again. I had it set to send 1 day after and would have sworn I had selected the option to automatically include the video link. But, when it went out the link wasn't there. So, I went to the page for my past event and was able to set up a follow-up for 2 days later, or up to 6 weeks later as the page says on-screen. I was able to add the video link in the same way I would have the first time. The Save button was active and it let me save and gave no error response telling me the follow-up had already been sent once and the system would not send it again.

That's a defect in the design of the application to not throw an error and make the UX seem like it'll work.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Diana0820  Tying a cloud recording to the GoToWebinar schedule post-broadcast behavior is allowed at any time, for the purpose of linking the video to the original registration link in case someone new registers from the original webinar invitation.