cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Susan Evans
New Contributor

Re: Add Tanzania as a Country option during registration

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I notice that Tanzania isn't on the list of countries that can be selected when r....
Heather5
New Contributor

Re: Iran and Iraq are missing from country list

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Iran Missing from Country List.

Elsevier uses GoToWebinar for our customer webinars, but our customers from Iran are upset as it is not listed.  It is creating a customer service issue on our side.  Is this simply an oversight?  Or is Iran not included in the country list for another reason?
SimonaCepolEU
Active Contributor

Registration form questions: answers with multiple choices

Hi there!

Two requests for you.

- We would like to set up our questions from the registration form with a multiple choice question where our participants could choice more than one option/answer, and not just one as it is now by default.

Could you set up it for our registration form?

- Still talking about the registration form, could you add the Kosovo country among the others on the list of countries that the participants could choice?

I would comment also that it would be great having better poll questions structures and features, or at least having the chance to integrate something like the Mentimeter tool to increase the interaction with participants during the live streaming.

Thanks a lot for your attention and looking forward to your support!

Simona

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Registration form questions: answers with multiple choices

Hi Simona,

These are two great suggestions: 

• Multiple Answer GoToWebinar Registration questions
  • Kosovo listed as a standard country on preset Registration questions

While these capabilities are not available yet with GoToWebinar, we will certainly consider them for future enhancements!

julian ter huur
Active Contributor

Cannot register for GoToWebinar under Kosovo

We organise webinars for an audience all over Europe. This includes people from Kosovo. They unfortunately cannot register under that country. It is essential for our clients and for us with our post-webinar data processing that Kosovo is listed as a country. Could you add the country to the list pls?

Thanks.

All the best,

Julian ter Huurne

Tags (2)
RasmusEU
New Contributor

Re: Registration Countries

At the organisation that I am working, we are organising webinars and we have participants also from Iran. Unfortunately, Iran is not part of the field "Country" during the registration procedure.

I phoned the technical support to report the issue and the informed me why Iran is not there. Due the economic sanctions of USA to various countries (Iran, Cuba), they are not allowed to have those countries on the list.

Suggestion to LogMeIn

It would be beneficial for your company to include the word "Iran" during the registration procedure for your EU clients. EU is following a different foreign policy compared to the USA. So, our work shouldn't been affect by the sanctions.

I am hoping to fix the specific INTENIONAL bug for your EU clients.

julian ter huur
Active Contributor

Re: Cannot register for GoToWebinar under Kosovo

Good morning,

Would it be possible to get an update on this request? It is difficult to reach out to our customers in Kosovo when upon arriving at the webinar registration pages they are not finding their country in the pull down list.

I'm looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Tags (2)
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

We are currently looking to update the restricted country list allowed by our services.  I appreciate your patience while we formalize this process for US and International requirements.

tobiaseigen
Active Contributor

@AshC wrote:

We are currently looking to update the restricted country list allowed by our services.  I appreciate your patience while we formalize this process for US and International requirements.

OK, this is becoming a deal killer for my organization, and you really need to fix this or at least provide an explanation for why you are excluding countries.  I am hearing hints in this topic that it is about sanctions but that honestly makes zero sense to me. You need to explain. This is not a minor bug but an insult to people in the many  excluded countries. We are receiving alot of complaints! 

There are 30 replies to this thread dating back to 2015 (!!) so this is not a new problem. You need to address it, and urgently. 

Here are some solutions you can consider.

1. The best seems to be to allow organizers to edit their own country list based on a default provided by GoToWebinar. Also allow sort order to be changed (not all communities need or want USA and Canada at the top of the country list) 
  2. You can also choose an official list and explain in your interface why you chose it, or link to a fuller explanation in your FAQ. For example, in my organization we follow this UN Country Classification list which is not perfect either (I know Palestine and South Sudan are missing) but is otherwise fairly complete.  
  3. The worst best option is to add an "other country" option to the list. 
  4. Allow a new type of custom question with long list of pulldown options, preferably allowing copy/paste of externally prepared list of selectable options along the lines of the WordPress gravity forms plugin. 

Reading through this thread, I see that the following countries are excluded from the country pulldown - I may be missing some so let me know! 

• Afghanistan
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Kosovo
  • Montenegro
  • State of Palestine
  • Tanzania

Thanks! 

Derek G
Active Contributor

Registrant county list

We also have already submitted on this but I want to re-state again the importance of this matter.     

Just to be clear we are talking about ATTENDEES not being able to choose their country 

For those of us organizing global webinars it is totally unacceptable that our webinar registrants cannot to choose their country.

It simply doesn’t make sense that you DO allow people to join webinars from counties not included in the country list but DO NOT allow them to state their country!     

I suspect this trivial to resolve (less than 5 mins work)

LogMeIn need to understand the incomplete list of countries is bad for your customers.    People who register for the global webinars I organize assume I have chosen not to recognize their country.     The reputational impact on me (your customer) is enough to make me start looking at your competitors. 

Since LogMeIn in is a USA head-quartered country, you could simply follow the definitive list of countries recognised by the US’ Dept. of State:  https://www.state.gov/s/inr/rls/4250.htm