cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milda
New Contributor

Re: Registration Countries

Hi Glenn,

Is Iran and Iraq still excluded due to your explanation below? Could this problem be solved including 'other' option where registrants could write down their country instead? 

Thank you,

Milda 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You could create a custom, open-ended question called "Country, if not listed"

Milda
New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion! Yes, indeed we can but it goes to the bottom of the page. It simply does not look professional. I was just wondering if there is any better way to solve it.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

If you are in the USA, you can discuss this with your US Senator.  If not in the US, then have your government petition the US government.

klmonline
Contributor

This is a completely nonsensical, irrelevant, and insufficient answer. The countries that are presented in a registration list for a customer webinar have NOTHING to do with US export or commerce laws. Nothing at all. You have been repeating this claptrap for years. Add the damned countries. They exist. They have nothing to do with whether LogMeIn is doing commerce with them. Stop this insanity.

Writing our senators has nothing to do with you adding drop down selectors to a list of countries that exist in the world. There is no law that would affect such a list. 

Derek G
Active Contributor

Wholeheartedly agree with klmonline

Where webinar audience members are should have nothing to do with US commerce restrictions.   

If I am in country X which is allowed to subscribe to LogMeIn (ie complies with US commerce rules), then what has that got to do with a someone from country Y joining my webinar - by joining my webinar my audience member is not engaged in any commercial transaction with the USA.    

I used to run global audience webinars.   I am in a country that is allowed to purchase a LogMeIn subscription.    It was acutely embarrassing that Dept of State recognised countries could not join my webinars. 

Please update the list of registrant countries to include all Dept of State recognised countries: https://www.state.gov/independent-states-in-the-world/

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

If you take time to dig deep into our political system, you will be surprised at what's really there.  None of this was a problem when we bought everything from the store down the street.  Now we can easily engage in commerce across the world, but the laws have not progressed as fast as the technology.

Derek G
Active Contributor

klmonline
Contributor

Zoom and ON24 registration countries lists include Afghanistan and Iraq, but not Iran. Webex includes all of them. Adobe Connect only provides a type-in. I just checked yesterday.

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

The Country list in Registration forms has been updated:

• French Polynesia
  • Korea, Republic of (South Korea)
  • Kosovo
  • Montenegro
  • Palestine
  • Serbia
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!