cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nabila
New Contributor

Session Outage : Session cannot Start!

Hi Guys,

Can anyone know a way to contact GotoWebinar support and communicate 1 on1 immediately? I'm on hold of call support for 15 minutes, and I need some compensation or accountability.

My company and partner supposed to do a webinar on 2 April 4:30 (GMT+8) and everything run smoothly from dry run and preparation (all panelist can join with their laptop). Then suddenly when I want to do a briefing with my panelist 30 minutes before the time, the session cannot start!!! it said the connection failed. Then we tried on all my panelist laptops (5 laptops) with high internet connection and the same error happen again!! We ended up use chime for a quick back up plan but we can't track our participant and the drop down rate is VERY HIGH. THIS IS REALLY BAD!

Screenshot (282).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Session Outage : Session cannot Start!

@nabila I apologize for the extended support wait times during these times of incredible demand and sudden worldwide events.  We are doing the best we can to answer every inquiry as they come in. 

Regarding your launch failure there, can you confirm that you have a First and Last name appropriately entered into your GoTo Organizer account there? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mtretina
Contributor

Happens to me constantly.  When are they going to admit their products are having major issues?  My agency is going to dump GoTo and move to another more reliable product.

nabila
New Contributor

Is there any compensation for this??? How do you get report or support on this? Their service is not cheap. They are supposed to be one of the most reliable webinar tool. I guest not.

mtretina
Contributor

I have no idea.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@nabila I apologize for the extended support wait times during these times of incredible demand and sudden worldwide events.  We are doing the best we can to answer every inquiry as they come in. 

Regarding your launch failure there, can you confirm that you have a First and Last name appropriately entered into your GoTo Organizer account there? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
nabila
New Contributor

@AshC I change my username into a 1-word username only (first name). It is indeed the cause of my launch to fail ( I read one community post in 2018). I didn't know that it is required to have a first name and last name as there is no warning, AND I can change it into a 1-word username.

If a 2-words username (first & last name) is crucial, then ideally, it shouldn't be possible for me to change it to 1-word username in the first place, right? It shouldn't be an option. And it would be very helpful if there's a warning that said first & last name is required - I wouldn't change it if there's any warning. I just hope this bug/flaw will be solved soon because It already exists since 2018 and still hasn't been fixed. 

Also, do you know whether GotoWebinar give any compensation for this? It ruins our company and our partner hard work and sales plan.

fit4future

I am facing the same problem.

Our company is using a gotomeeting business + gotowebinar lite version. Gotomeeting works perfectly. But gotowebinar cannot be started due to failing internet connection (although this cannot be possible)...

We need to start using webinar asap.

Thanks for any reply / feedback.

fit4future

Sorry, solution as described earlier works fine! Thanks a lot.