cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisElho

Share video with audio in GoToMeeting

Hi, I am needing to share a video with audio for a talk, by sharing my screen, attendees see the video but do not hear the audio.

Why does this happen? And how can I solve it? I am using GoTo Meeting

Regards!

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Share video with audio in GoToMeeting

You say you are using GoToMeeting, but this is the discussion board for GoToWebinar.

In GoToWebinar you will get exactly as you describe when playing back videos from your computer.  In GoToWebinar there is a Video Sharing option where you can preload up to 5 videos to play back during the webinar.  Here are the directions:

https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120 

TheManuGarcia
Active Contributor

Hello,

Piggy backing on this post. I recently hosted a webinar where several attendees were not able to hear the audio from the video I played (Using the share video from GTW).

When we need to use videos I remove the phone option so people use their computer audio to be able to listen to it. Is there anything that I can do on my end to avoid this or is it solely related to the attendee's drives?

Also, why would this happen? I understand the audio change between the live presentation and a video when using a phone but, why would this happen in this case?

Thank you!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@TheManuGarcia  In some rare cases there have been reported an output audio change between devices when videos are heard on mobile devices.  This may be related to those who reported problems during your broadcast.  In the near future we plan to also include telephone audio as an output option as well as those connected via VoIP.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!