cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Shortcut button for switching between multiple cameras

Our #1 rule for webinars is that the presenter must always use his/her webcam so that the attendees can watch the presenter and make ‘virtual eye-contact’. Sometimes the static PowerPoints can be really boring and this is our way of making the webinar look more like a conversation. However, since we are an equipment manufacturer, we usually also build and show demo systems and we use a second camera (connected to the same PC) to show the setup. Right now, it’s a bit cumbersome to switch between the two cameras in the interface. It takes 5 steps: I have to (1st) expand the Webcam panel, (2nd) click on the Webcams dropdown -> (3rd) Select Preferences… and (4th) use another dropdown menu to (5th) switch to a different camera.

1.jpg2.jpg

It would be cool to have a shortcut button for each camera in the collapsed sidebar of the interface. Something like this:

3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Shortcut button for switching between multiple cameras

@FeTi85  I'm sorry we don't have a switch to toggle easily between webcam inputs.  Have you considered using a secondary monitor to keep the GoToWebinar control panel in full view with the Web Cam tab separated and the Preferences open to the Web Cams section?  This would easily allow you to stay away from the presentation screen and manage GoToWebinar without any interruptions of the broadcast.

4 REPLIES 4
Respected Contributor

LogMeIn Contributor

@FeTi85  I'm sorry we don't have a switch to toggle easily between webcam inputs.  Have you considered using a secondary monitor to keep the GoToWebinar control panel in full view with the Web Cam tab separated and the Preferences open to the Web Cams section?  This would easily allow you to stay away from the presentation screen and manage GoToWebinar without any interruptions of the broadcast.

Active Contributor

Thanks Chris, I'll definitely check these out.

Active Contributor

Hi Ash, sometimes we can do that, but sometimes not. It all depends on the setup of the actual event. I should also add that I realize that having multiple cameras is probably not a common thing among webinar organizers and it's not a deal breaker for me either, but I thought I'd report it and see what you guys think Smiley Happy