cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leanne13
New Contributor

Simulated Live webinars - can you host a live Q&A at the end?

Hi 

I am wanting to run a pre-recoded webinar with the option of doing interactive question / answer sessions at the end.  Is this possible and if so, what's the best way to do it?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Simulated Live webinars - can you host a live q&a at the end?

Hi @leanne13

At this time Simulated Live webinars do not support live Q and A sessions, it is planned for a future update. If you have a GoToWebinar Pro or Plus plan, you can use the video sharing feature to play the recorded presentation and then host a live Q and A.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
Shreyansh Suran
New Contributor

Can I record the webinar before hand and play during the time slot?

Can I record the webinar before hand and play during the time slot? Can do the Q & A live? What format is supported?
Vicki Auditore
Active Contributor

Re: Can I record the webinar before hand and play during the time slot?

Did you ever get a reply to this post? I am wondering the same thing. I found an old post from 4 years ago... but am wondering if there is some updated info??
Vicki Auditore
Active Contributor

I did not - but we found a program called "my screen recorder" which we have used to successfully pre-record a webinar and play it back at a specific time slot. We only just started using it - but it seems to be working well. We did NOT have any luck pre-recording through go to webinar and playing that file back - the audio worked OK, but the screen did not display the presentation - it was just black. Hope that helps. 
Brian H2
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Shreyansh and Vicki,

There is a new Video Sharing Beta feature that is being rolled out to all GoToWebinar Pro and Plus subscribers over the next couple of weeks! For more information on this great new feature please check out the following support article: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Webinar/help_files/G2W090120

Andrea Rodrigue
New Contributor

Simulated Live - Q&A

With the Simulated Live (Scheduled) Webinars, is there anyway to curate Q&A live or is the 24 hour response the only option?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Simulated Live - Q&A

Hi Andrea,
While the Simulive webinar functionality continues to evolve, the actual 'live' aspect of this part currently is only for Attendees to experience.

If you simply want to play a prerecorded presentation, I might suggest GoToWebinar's video sharing ability, which launches in a full webinar:   https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120

Sarah Dugan
New Contributor

Want to upload prerecorded webinar video. Can we "go live" just when asking polls in between presentations and during the Q&A session?

We want to upload a prerecorded webinar video. Is it possible to "go live" just when asking polls in between presentations and during the Q&A session, and have the rest just be the prerecorded video? I am mostly concerned about inserting polls in the middle of our video. Is it possible or would the fact that the presentation was already recorded be a problem?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Want to upload prerecorded webinar video. Can we "go live" just when asking polls in between presentations and during the Q&A session?

Hi Sarah,

It is possible to share a video as your main presentation if you have a GoToWebinar Plus or Pro plan, you would use our Share Video feature to do this: https://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/help_files/G2W090120?title=Share+a+Video+%28Beta%29 

The process would basically be;
  • Start the webinar and broadcast, perhaps greet your attendees
  • Share your video
  • Launch a Poll
  • Share another video
  • Q and A session  
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Sarah Dugan
New Contributor

Re: Want to upload prerecorded webinar video. Can we "go live" just when asking polls in between presentations and during the Q&A session?

Hi Glenn,

So there is no way for us to stop in the middle of the video to launch a poll and then go right back in to the same video?