cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Social login option for webinar registrations?

Social Login is the term for using an existing social media account (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc) to login to another website. Certain info can then be quickly passed from the account to the website, such as first & last name, email address, etc.

I'm wondering if there's any option or opportunity for GoToWebinar registrations using this method? On a mobile device or in a social space, it's much easier for users to hit a button than to peck in their info. And for webinars, it's an opportunity to gather more registrants.

Is there any chance this option already exists with GoToWebinar, or might in the future?

8 REPLIES 8
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Social login option for webinar registrations?

Hi,

Using social logins for registering is not currently supported, but is something that has been discussed. I'm going to change this to an Idea so it can be voted on and considered for a future update.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Active Contributor

Like this idea/suggestion!
Active Contributor

On this - we're actually looking for the opposite. Is it possible to remove the option to register with social media and only enter the email/names? We still want viewers to share easily, however our reporting relies on us being able to know which companies are engaging with our content. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@Fusion5Connect  We still do not offer this functionality --- registration pages currently require the manual entry of First, Last, Email as the minimum requirements for completion.

Active Contributor

Hi Ash, we definitely want those options, as the only options. If I selected 'facebook' it would use my facebook details (probably a personal email address) rather than a corporate email address. We'd like to encourage work email addresses only. Does that make sense?2019-12-18 11_30_48-Empower Insight - Get smart with additional employee data screens & user control.png

Tags (1)
LogMeIn Contributor

@Fusion5Connect  Where exactly are you pulling that image from, because I'm pretty certain we don't have a 'social registration' option available yet for regular GoToWebinars.

Active Contributor

Hi Ash - my apologies, I should have provided more context. This is on GoTo Stage, to register to watch videos we've already created. 

Tags (2)
LogMeIn Contributor

OK, I believe we are planning more development for GoToWebinar registration pages early in 2020. I don't have an ETA for the new security and formfill functionality, but you can tune in here for updates:  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-News/bg-p/GoToWebinar-Release-Notes