cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Birgit

Time Limit GotoWebinar

Is there any timeLimit for a goto Webinar session? Are 8 hours without interruption possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Time Limit GotoWebinar

I have hosted 8-hour webinars on many occasions. These webinars were really lots of hour long presentations where folks could tune in or out at any time. It was really like a day-long TV station where using one webinar registration, folks could tune in to the hour they wished to see.  The last time I did this, I did have one Attendee who was connected the entire time.

One thing I found was that my corporate firewall times out if there is no web activity for a certain amount of time. GoToWebinar activity is not seen as web activity, so it times out after about five hours.   When it times out, the webinar stops without notice.  I make it a habit to just refresh the browser on my presentation computer every two hours, just to be safe.  This is an issue where I work, and might be an issue where you work, or might be an issue with any wifi connection.  This is not a GoTo problem.

There is a limit to the size of the webinar recording file.  The recording file size is dependant on your computer's screen settings as well as the frequency of slide changes, but the rule of thumb is 1 MB per minute, which means to reach the recording file maximum of 1GB, you can have a maximum webinar length of 16.6 hours or 17.1 hours depending on how the calculations are done.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Time Limit GotoWebinar

I have hosted 8-hour webinars on many occasions. These webinars were really lots of hour long presentations where folks could tune in or out at any time. It was really like a day-long TV station where using one webinar registration, folks could tune in to the hour they wished to see.  The last time I did this, I did have one Attendee who was connected the entire time.

One thing I found was that my corporate firewall times out if there is no web activity for a certain amount of time. GoToWebinar activity is not seen as web activity, so it times out after about five hours.   When it times out, the webinar stops without notice.  I make it a habit to just refresh the browser on my presentation computer every two hours, just to be safe.  This is an issue where I work, and might be an issue where you work, or might be an issue with any wifi connection.  This is not a GoTo problem.

There is a limit to the size of the webinar recording file.  The recording file size is dependant on your computer's screen settings as well as the frequency of slide changes, but the rule of thumb is 1 MB per minute, which means to reach the recording file maximum of 1GB, you can have a maximum webinar length of 16.6 hours or 17.1 hours depending on how the calculations are done.