cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kennedy808
New Contributor

Trying to figure out how to zoom in with a webcam

We use a Logitech webcam to stream our trainings.  We have to physically place the camera just a few feet in front of them to make them large enough in frame. This means the camera is front and center for the live attendees.

I know I can zoom the camera in the Logitech software, but I haven't yet figured out how to zoom while using the camera in GoToWebinar.

Is there a simple solution I'm missing?  Or does anyone know of a webcam supported by GoTo that has zoom capabilities?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Trying to figure out how to zoom in with a webcam

I believe the Logitech zoom is in the software and not an optical zoom in the camera.  Thus, as you have figured out, the zoom works in the software, but not in GoTo, because the zoom is not really in the camera.

I have found a way to use a regular camera with an HDMI output as a web cam with GoTo. This allows you to use all the features of the camera, and even have a camera operator during the webinar who can zoom the camera in or out during the webinar.   Several folks have used this on Macintosh computers. So far, one person has said this will not work with Windows.  See the details here:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Play-video-embedded-in-PowerPoint-and-mix-m... 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Trying to figure out how to zoom in with a webcam

I believe the Logitech zoom is in the software and not an optical zoom in the camera.  Thus, as you have figured out, the zoom works in the software, but not in GoTo, because the zoom is not really in the camera.

I have found a way to use a regular camera with an HDMI output as a web cam with GoTo. This allows you to use all the features of the camera, and even have a camera operator during the webinar who can zoom the camera in or out during the webinar.   Several folks have used this on Macintosh computers. So far, one person has said this will not work with Windows.  See the details here:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Play-video-embedded-in-PowerPoint-and-mix-m...