cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isolenne
New Contributor

Upgrade plan and deduct price difference

HI,

We currently have a Starter plan  ( just renewed it for a year/ annual billing) and would like to upgrade it to the Professional plan, before doing so,  I would like to know if

1. it's possible to only do so for the remaining 9 months or so (and not engage for a full 12-month period)

2. if what we already paid for the starter plan can be deducted from the new Professional tariff?

3. Price proposed for upgrade 255€ seems to be more than price for new customers 199€, why is that?

Thank you very much for your assistance

4 REPLIES 4
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Upgrade plan and deduct price difference

Yes, for the remaining months of your existing plan you will be billed for the difference.

As far as the price difference for new customers, you might be seeing a sale price to attract new customers.

isolenne
New Contributor

Thank you for your answer but it still is very confusing to me. I am not native and the phrasing is tricky for me understand fully. I rephrase my question in a simple way :

I currently have a starter plan, if I upgrade to professional, do I have to pay the price of the professional plan or only the remaining difference between starter and professional?

(On the website, it seems like I am adding a new product to my chart - which is not an upgrade but simply buying a new product )

Thanks again in advance for a concise answer.

I have tried to reach out to the call centre many times, it seems impossible to get a hold of them

Solenne

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@isolenne While it is possible to ADD an additional plan to your existing subscription, you can also CHANGE or UPDATE the current plan if upgrading (downgrading requires customer support). 

Let us know if you're not seeing the option to upgrade the existing plan by posting a screen shot from your billing section. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
isolenne
New Contributor

Thank you, clear and to the point.

I now see this option.

best regards