cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verena
New Contributor

Re: Upload Image Error - "Something went wrong. Please try again."

Hi Ash! Yes, we've tried both "new" and "tried and tested" images. Neither worked.

After the upload is completed, the window closes but the image box is still empty.

image upload.pngWe also tried using several of our company log-ins, the users are located in different cities in Germany and log in from different IP addresses and different networks.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Verena  That is strange.  I don't have any other reports of this behavior, so it might be isolated to your account.  Please call us during business hours in your area, at a local phone number through this support page:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-contact-gotowebinar-customer-support-g2w090151 

Verena
New Contributor

Hi Ash, thanks for you help! Customer support thinks that there might have been some changes to our firewalls or other security settings. Our IT department will have a look at it!
Simone1
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC , @JordanR 

May I ask what the solution was for this?

I'm having the same problem:

• the images are in the right format (logo 400x200 px and featured image 200x200 px)
  • they are smaller than 100 KB
  • have tried all formats: .png, .jpg, and .gif
  • there are both new images and images that worked well before
  • tried different browsers
  • tried at different times - since yesterday

The image seems to load, then when I saved it I get the red banner saying "Something went wrong. Please try again."

I've seen from the discussions here that this can  be an issue of browser security settings.

I have whitelisted Gotowebinar on Chrome to allow insecure content, images, pop-ups - everything I could think could be causing the issue. Tried then every time opening GtW on a new tab, to make sure the new settings would be applied - no luck.

I there anything else I can try/enable?

Thanks,

Simone

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@Simone1  In order to rule out a local firewall setting, have you tested an alternate network connection? 

Simone1
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried what you suggested and it worked, the logos uploaded and were displayed on the registration page.

However, I had to use my personal computer to do this, which is not an option on an ongoing basis.

It does look like the problem is firewall-related, because of the above- mentioned, and also because I had asked a couple of colleagues to try (on the same company network as myself) and it didn't work with them either.

The logos are now displayed on the webinar settings and registration page on my personal network, not if I look at them on my work computer.

This makes me think that potential attendees with the same firewall settings will not see the logos, which is really not good.

Thank you for your help.

Simone1
Active Contributor

@AshC 

p.s.: after uploading the logos from a different network, I've sent the registration link to my panellist to check if he could see the logos on the page. They are not displaying to him either.

That unfortunately that means I can't use GotoWebinar.

Webinar Studio
Active Contributor

We ran into this issue several months ago when our IT department updated some security policies.  It's possibly due to IT 'blocking' the storage servers in general (AWS, if I recall correctly).  Your IT department should be able to whitelist the file transfers via the GTW domains necessary, thus allowing you to upload files and registrants to see the images.

Simone1
Active Contributor

@Webinar Studio 

Many thanks for your reply.

Verena
New Contributor

Thank you so much for the information! I'll give the info to our IT department and hope they can work it out 🙂