cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
y2bads
New Contributor

Video Sharing Sync Issues

I have a big presentation coming up where we would like to show a 1 hour and 20 minute video which then will lead into a live segment. When testing the video we notice that the audio was sync on the iPhone but not on our laptop. The audio would go from slightly out of sync or really bad. The video file is a .mp4 and is about 1GB. Could the audio codec be responsible for this or another issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Video Sharing Sync Issues

It could be the codec.  Most people don't know that all .mp4 files are not created equal. In fact, the .mp4 is a shell where you can hold many different kinds of video and audio files.  I have found a setting that works for me, and I convert all video files to that format when I am using a video with GoTo.

y2bads
New Contributor

Thank you Chris! Do you mind me asking what has work for you when it comes to running videos from Goto? We are using Final Cut Pro to export our video.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I use Final Cut Pro as well.

In this other discussion I shared the settings I used when I exported from Final Cut Pro through Apple Compressor:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Recordings-playback-with-no-video/m-p/20695... 

I have a new computer for video editing and no longer use compressor.  Final Cut has built in  export/compression settings.

In the Final Cut Pro v10.5.2, from the File menu, select Share, then Add Destination.

I selected:

• Export File
  • Format: Web Hosting
  • Video CODEC: H.264
  • Resolution: 960 x 540 (you could choose 1280 x 720)
  • Rename this setting in the left hand column. I call mine "Stream 540."  I also have one called "Stream 720."
  • Now this new setting will be listed in the File / Share sub menu.

I save all videos that will be played back within a GoToWebinar using this setting.

I also download recordings of my webinars, run them through Final Cut to compress the audio, remove silent time, etc. and export using this same setting. Then I upload the new recording file to the GoTo Cloud and tie the new recording to the past webinar.