cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Video files not showing up to use during a webinar

A few days ago, we used the show video function during a webinar. We were able to play them.. But today, we tried again and the videos did not show up after clicking the video button in the control panel when we tried to start them.Prior to starting the webinar and starting the broadcast we uploaded the recordings appropriately, and they showed up in the webinar settings, but when we tried to play them in a live webinar (with no participants) a dialog box opened as if I was going to upload a file from my desktop instead of showing the recording we uploaded to GoToWebinar before we began.  I hope this makes sense. We tried it in two different prescheduled webinars and neither worked. Any ideas? (Yes, I know this is still a beta feature.)

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Upload video failed

I can speak from experience that this a GTW issue but renaming the file can resolve it.  What appears to happen is the file may "upload" or at least GTW logs the filename as uploaded but the video never appears in the video list.  If there is an attempt to upload the same filename again, it will fail.  Changing the filename circumvents the duplicate filename problem.

I have confirmed this by trying to upload the exact same MP4 file to multiple webinars.  It 'appeared' to work on all of them except for it didn't show up in the video list on two of them.  Trying to upload again failed repeatedly until the file name was changed.  Then it uploaded just fine.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Video files not showing up to use iduring a webinar

Hi Fran,
For which GoToWebinar version were you utilizing during this last broadcast?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

8.4.0 Build 6871
Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
Highlighted
New Contributor

Were you able to eventually see your uploads in the webinar?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@ETG  Are you missing some videos that you uploaded recently to a GoToWebinar schedule?  If so, was this event copied from a prior webinar session?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

This happened to me during my webinar today. We tested the video feature twice this week and it worked great. But today during the live meeting, the mp4 videos I had uploaded into the event ahead of time were not there to share to attendees. Why would this be the case? Is there glitch where copied events cannot support the video feature? This would have been GREAT to know before our webinar with 600+ attendees.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

When you tested the video feature, did you test it using this exact same video?

When you said "were not there to share to attendees" do you mean the videos were not in the list of things to share, or you selected the video in the share list and it never played.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Yes we tested with the same three videos. And the first, the video files were not in the list of items available to share.

That had never happened before. When we tested the day before, the video files were in the list of items to share and they played perfect.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Jessie,

Go ahead and schedule a test webinar with the same videos please.  See if you can recreate the issue after you start the webinar broadcast and seek the videos you added to the schedule through the GoTo control panel.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Pre-loaded videos not showing for Presenter

We have pre-loaded videos into scheduled webinars. In Practice Mode, the videos show up for the Presenter, but once in Broadcast Mode, the "Share" does not pull up the video files in the dropdown as options. Any ideas? We have done three webinars; the first worked but the last two did not pull up the videos for some reason. Please help!