cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Pre-loaded videos not showing for Presenter

Hi Diana,

Are you using the same exact video on each GoToWebinar schedule?

Are these presenters also Co-Organizers within the broadcast?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, we were doing a copy of a webinar that had the same videos loaded. I believe the issue is copying the webinar rather than loading the same videos every time for each webinar. For some reason though, after copying the webinar, the videos work in Practice Mode, but Starting Broadcast knocks the videos out of the Sharing options.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

We are working on improving the ability for GoToWebinar accounts to create a library of materials for use on any scheduled event that may improve the performance in your case.  Until that time, try not to make copies of copies etc. that might degrade the template over time.

Highlighted
New Contributor

We just hosted a webinar this morning where I re-loaded the videos fresh for the event. The videos again didn't show up when going Live. I am unsure what is causing this issue. I did something similar earier this week and the videos worked when the broadcast started.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Video files not showing up to use iduring a webinar

Hi. Did you ever get a resolution or figure out the glitch? This happened to me several times. I've tried several approaches but am getting inconsistent functionality for the videos.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi there, no I didn't never had the chance to recreate the issue. But I read somewhere that it could be related to using a copied previous event page. This would make sense in my situation, for the test webinar I created a new event, for the live webinar I used a copied event. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Diana6525   If these are the same videos in use, are you copying an older webinar schedule to use a template in the problem instance?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I was in the beginning, but the session today was a fresh upload into the webinar appointment so I have no idea why they were not visible during the broadcast. We had a session on Monday and the videos worked when it was a fresh upload (not a copy). 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Ok, thanks. Yes, I actually posted that message but the issue happened again despite doing a fresh import/upload of the videos today. Appreciate the quick response.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Upload video failed

I can speak from experience that this a GTW issue but renaming the file can resolve it.  What appears to happen is the file may "upload" or at least GTW logs the filename as uploaded but the video never appears in the video list.  If there is an attempt to upload the same filename again, it will fail.  Changing the filename circumvents the duplicate filename problem.

I have confirmed this by trying to upload the exact same MP4 file to multiple webinars.  It 'appeared' to work on all of them except for it didn't show up in the video list on two of them.  Trying to upload again failed repeatedly until the file name was changed.  Then it uploaded just fine.

View solution in original post