cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WA1
New Contributor

Video recorded in teams doesn't play the sound when embedded in power point

My colleague recorded an interview with a guest on microsoft teams. He embedded this video in the power point and played it during the webinar but we couldn't hear the audio (The video is in mp4 format).  He tried other mp4 videos  and had the same problem all the time.   He was the co-organizer of the event and used  the jabra speaker.

When I played the  video embedded in ppt  there was no problem ( organizer and used a headphones)

Do you know what could be the problem? why i can play the video without sounds problems  and he can't?

1 REPLY 1
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Video recorded in teams doesn't play the sound when embedded in power point

That is normal behavior.

The sound in GoToWebinar is always what the computer sees as a microphone.  GoTo will not play system sounds, videos, music, sounds coming from PowerPoint, etc. It will share only sounds the computer sees as a microphone input.

The workaround to this is to use the Share Video feature where you upload a video to the GoTo cloud to be part of a particular webinar.  During the webinar, you can pay the video at any time. The video will play directly from the GoTo cloud to every computer.  One drawback is that the sound will play only on computer speakers, not on the telephone for people who choose to use the phone for the audio part of the webinar. Find this feature in the Dashboard under "Engage Your Attendees," then click the link under "Videos."  You can upload up to five videos per webinar.

We are hoping that GoTo will soon add this feature to allow us to play videos on our computer and have the audio sent to all Attendees.

There are some workarounds using the Windows sound panel, third party software,  and looping cables from speaker outputs to microphone inputs, or by using extra hardware to send the video and audio from a second computer to the webcam input of the main computer.  All of these workarounds have limited success, as GoTo also has a "downward expander" on the audio, which will make any music sound really bad. 

We are hoping that GoTo will add a defeat switch to this audio filter that we don't need all the time.