cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Video sharing - Controls not visible

After uploading a MP4 video and sharing it in the webinar the controls to play the video are missing. See attached screenshot. Operating system is Win10 64bit GTM version 8.47.2 Build 14316GoToWebinar 000.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Video sharing - Controls not visible

I'm wondering if the video player is up to date on the problem PC.  Allowing Flash to operating and updating javascript might help in Chrome. 

Another consideration would be to disable any browser extensions that may be working in the background of Chrome. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Sorry @hgaethje , are you clicking the link to view the recording as an Attendee?

Have you tested this functionality in an alternate web browser?

Highlighted
New Contributor

No, I have been the organiser of this webinar and when I tried to share the video the window shown in my screenshot came up. I guess in this case the type of web browser (Chrome) is not relevant, right? 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Are you able to reproduce this will all videos while you broadcast new webinars?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, I experienced the same problem with two off my own videos and with a MP4 originating from a recorded webinar.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Would you be able to confirm the problem there by hosting another webinar from a different computer?

Highlighted
New Contributor

After quite some time I would like to revive this thread. The problem still persists but only on my company PC. When I host a webinar from my private PC the video controls look ok and everything works fine.

Are there specific security settings (VPN, Proxys) in company IT environments that are known to cause these issues? Do you have recommendations that I might forward to our IT department? 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

I'm wondering if the video player is up to date on the problem PC.  Allowing Flash to operating and updating javascript might help in Chrome. 

Another consideration would be to disable any browser extensions that may be working in the background of Chrome. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Meanwhile our IT made some changes to the network infrastructure and they also reported some errors in the performance of Internet Explorer and Chrome, which are fixed now.

Good news: The video controls are finally available, I just don't know exactly why.

Thanks for the support.