cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siv0968
Active Contributor

Webcam option force-disappeared

Hi,

yesterday and today we had two webinars. Both of them had the webcam option completely missing in control panel.

One of the organizers sent me a photo of a message (in italian) that says something like "Due to difficulties with the video conference, it is no longer possible to share your webcam".

This problem is very annoying because the organizer-relator cannot enable the webcam when the webinar has no screen to share with students.

Is this a GoToWebinar general problem/error? I cannot see it from the GoToWebinar status.

How can we re-enable the webcam if the webcam-button is completely gone?

Thanks,

Andrea

WhatsApp Image 2020-03-25 at 11.09.04.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Webcam option force-disappeared

Maybe because the Internet is saturated with data traffic and webcams can hog a lot of bandwidth. 

We have made a conscious decision to not use webcams until we get through this crisis or until the Internet gets a larger data pipe.

siv0968
Active Contributor

Thank you Chris for your quick response.

Where can I find the official statement of LogMeIn that inform his GoToWebinar users about this decision?

So I can forward that document to our organizers and relators, because in the GoToWebinar dashboard they did not see any communication about it and it seems that none is talking about this decision anywhere (so I thought about our personal problem).

Thanks again,

Andrea

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I don't know if any official position has been made.  I just know about the Internet bandwidth because I read the news.

I just assume that GoTo drops the webcam if the Internet speed is too low.

UBJONLINE
New Contributor

I have the same problem 2 times.

I'm getting tired of the lack of support and the silence of GotoWebinar.

Capturawebcam.JPG

webinar_series
New Contributor

sorry to state the obvious but is your 'let staff share webcam' option turned on in the Dashboard? the one on the browser not the desktop app.