cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annie2

When viewing an on-demand webinar how does an attendee pause the webinar?

I have posted a pre-recorded webinar for our clients to watch on-demand at their convenience, but I have had someone ask me how they can pause the webinar. Is it possible for an attendee to pause an on-demand webinar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: When viewing an on-demand webinar how does an attendee pause the webinar?

@AngryLPUser welcome to the Community. This is an older thread and I've updated the accepted solution.

You are able to pause on demand webinars with the pause/play button on the bottom.  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi Annie,

Not to worry, On demand webinars have a pause/play button at the bottom of them.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

SarahRiessen

Is it possible for an attendee to pause an on demand webinar?  When watching it doesn't seem that is possible - is that a feature that is only available with certain plans/types of webinars?

Thank you!

Sarah

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @SarahRiessen

When I originally answered this question I was thinking of/referring to sharing a recording of a webinar with its full registration page. If you schedule an on-demand webinar now, it will use our Simulated Live feature which plays live a live webinar and cannot be paused.  All 3 plans include webinar recording and sharing but, Simulated Live requires a Pro or Plus Plan.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SarahRiessen  Before we released the Simulated Live functionality, you were able to pause On Demand GoToWebinars, but this behavior has changed.

The only recordings attendees may pause are the basic recordings in your My Recordings section online.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

SuperTom
Active Contributor

@AshC Is this limitation expected to remain in the forseable future? Not being able to pause anon-demand webinar is severe enough so that we will have to host those videos on other platforms, because it is not at al user-friendly to our customers who will watch the webinar. This again raises the question if we should find a different platform for all webinars. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SuperTom  The functionality has not altered to my knowledge.  Have you considered GoToWebinar's Channel Pages?

Ref:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/what-is-a-gotostage-channel-g2w040030

SuperTom
Active Contributor

@AshC My interpretation of the sentence "Before we released the Simulated Live functionality, you were able to pause On Demand GoToWebinars, but this behavior has changed" was that the behavior of on-demand webinars had changed. 

I have not looked at the channel pages yet, if these are able to be paused it might be sufficient. Can we link directly to videos in a channel, and can we require that the users provide credentials before getting access (relevant information for lead scoring) 

Tom

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SuperTom Yes, you can still link dirclty to individual videos, if I understand you correctly.  Though we don't have a clearance or security checkpoint for viewers, we do ask for their name and email before they can proceed to any video.

SashaF
Active Contributor

Will there be an update to add the pause, rewind and fast froward functions back to on-demend webinars? This doesnt seem to be accessible or user friendly for many of our on-demand viewers that are unable to sit and watch the entire webinar at once or need to rewind to listen to a section again without starting the webianr all over again.