cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

gotowebinar analytics - emailed report download - typo

When I generate a multi-sesssion attendee report, and the starting dataset is too big, the report is supposed to get emailed to me.

when this happens, the following popup is displayed.

"We’re almost done!

When you’re report is ready for download, we'll send a download link to your email.

You can safely exit this page now if you would like."

I never get the report, which is a weird behavior, however, i'm honestly more bothered by a typo:  

The popup text should be changed: should be 'When your report is ready' insetad of 'you're'.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: gotowebinar analytics - emailed report download - typo

after escalating this internally at my organization, here's the (frustrating) outcome.

yes, the alias email address that 'owns' this gotowebinar account has been receiving emails sent to the same email address tied to this forum account.

received 10/8 AshC mentioned you in LogMeIn Community

received 10/9 Join us: Take your webinars to the next level with these advanced techniques

received 10/15 Join us tomorrow to learn 5 ways the New GoToMeeting makes your meetings better - Webinar

after talking with support 10/23, I finally received an email 'Your Sessions Overview Report is ready!'

the problem? per chat support rep Anthony, 'it seems that the email, xxxredactedxxx, was entered into our bounce filter. I am not sure why or when it was but it has been removed.'

Our tech on our side got us to this point by changing the primary email address on file for the gotowebinar account to a gmail address - that came through just fine - and changing it back didnt resolve, and our email spam filter wasnt receiving anything similar, at least as far enough upstream that we can see.

future readers: if you're not receiving reports from analytics, talk to logmein support and specifically ask to make sure your email isnt bounced from their perspective. My guess is that the systems tracking bounced status are different from logmein marketing email send system vs forum vs internal report sending system.

As a general product enhancement, having the email send feature in the dashboard check bounce status before attempting to send would be amazing.  y'all could handle this with an error message 'hey we think that email is going to bounce, pls reach out to support' or something.

I am happy to see this resolved, and to finally get at my report after almost 4 months of troubleshoot.  thanks @AshC  for your help.

15 REPLIES 15
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Rios,

You're right --- we should adjust the spelling for that reporting message.

If you are not receiving an email upon completion, is the report available online when you log back in?

Active Contributor

Hey Ashc,

Cool, thanks.

I don't see anywhere that analytics driven reports get saved in any screen adjacent to https://analytics.gotowebinar.com/analytics/sessions . Happy to take a look if you can guide me.

LogMeIn Contributor

Those analytics reports should be available here:  https://global.gotowebinar.com/reporting/onlineReports.tmpl

Active Contributor

If I am on the new UX for gotowebinar, that link provided redirects me to https://dashboard.gotowebinar.com/.  I don't see anything relevant there.

If I revert to the classic UX, i land here https://global.gotowebinar.com/reporting/onlineReports.tmpl on a 'webinar insights' page - but there's no link to the complied csv/xls multi-session attendee report that i generated.

alas.  Thank you for your continued help. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@rois  Exactly how many webinars are you including in this report so that it times out?

Active Contributor

@AshC 

the past 365 days worth of sessions, as a .csv. 

94 sessions.2019-07-02_13-21-26.png2019-07-02_13-21-12.png2019-07-02_13-20-41.png2019-07-02_13-19-56.png2019-07-02_13-19-43.png2019-07-02_13-19-20.png

Past 6 months version of the report ran fine, 136kb file, ~600 rows - so i'd wager that the file that I'm trying to output and is failing is approximately double that.

Active Contributor

Generating 2 separate files as 1-6 months back plus 7-12 months back as two separate files works fine.  I can get my data that way and combine the two output files manually to meet my reporting requirement.

No biggie.  but, creating one big file of 1-12 months fails silently and thats bad. 

thanks again.

LogMeIn Contributor

@rois  After checking with the development teams, we are planning some improvements to the reporting flexibility.  Unfortunately there isn't an immediate time frame, but I'll update this thread with new info as I hear it.

Active Contributor

Thanks and have a great day.