cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

"Add to calendar" for SERIES webinars only adds the first date to Outlook Calendar

I created a webinar SERIES, where the dates are set after the 1st and after the 15th of each month (new-hire tech orientations) - dates were set based on current availability of Co-Organizers and Presenters. Once scheduled, we clicked our "add to calendar" links, and it only posted for the first date in the series, the remaining dates have to be manually input into each of our Outlook Calendars for the remaining 19 sessions. Can the link be coded to pick up all the scheduled dates with times for the series, otherwise our Staff might miss adding to their own calendars and we'll lose their availability because it isn't scheduled for them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: "Add to calendar" for SERIES webinars only adds the first date to Outlook Calendar

Hi Chris, unfortunately this is an existing issue when a webinar is scheduled as a series with a custom schedule instead of a regular recurrence. If the webinar sessions are scheduled for every Monday etc, Outlook will accept it. If the webinars are scheduled for irregular days and times Outlook doe not accept it through. If you try scheduling a recurring meeting in Outlook for example, you will see that it only allows sequential recurrences.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
34 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: "Add to calendar" for SERIES webinars only adds the first date to Outlook Calendar

Has anybody found a solution for this problem yet?? 
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Barbara, which version of Outlook are you using?  I just tested this by scheduling a webinar series and using the Add to Calendar option on the organizer's page was able to add all the sessions in one go to my Calendar.

New Contributor

This is Karen, the originator of this thread - I am using Outlook 2010 (MS Office Professional Plus 2010, version 14.0.7151.5001 32-bit). I have not tried adding a series webinar since posting; what I'd gotten at that time was a single entry on my calendar, where the contents had all the dates and links. I had to manually create each future date and paste the contents into each.

New Contributor

Hi Glenn, I'm on Outlook 2013.  I think it was actually a 'sequence' of webinars - where they register once and are booked on all of them.  It only adds the first date  for the organiser (me), panellists and those who register.
Thanks
Barbara
New Contributor

Yes, that's correct Barbara and I have the same issue.
New Contributor

I think I remember having this problem before and the issue was it could only add all the sessions if you used a very regular schedule.  One that had a 'recurrance pattern' that Outlook would recognize.  So something like "every Monday" or "monthly on day x of the month"....

It worked great once we adjusted to that.

LogMeIn Manager

Great point Cathie.

New Contributor

Appreciate the insight, Cathie - If that's the case, then it would be helpful if GoTo would include that caveat in the Organizer panel. Unfortunately, when one tries to plan for several months of sessions, it's not always practicable to make it work on a strict "recurrence pattern", sadly.
LogMeIn Manager

Cathie raises a good point below, what kind of sequence are you scheduling? I've tested with a sequence where the webinars were on the 5th of every month, and all of them were added to Outlook correctly. Are you using the Custom Sequence option and scheduling them on irregular days/dates?