cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Missing info for multiple sessions

Hi @OndrejF ,

I'm sorry about the limits of recurring events within Outlook.  Unfortunately we don't have a permanent solution when the recurrences may be multiple and/or not in regular patterns.  Please see the comments on this thread for possible workarounds.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Recurring webinar

Hi. We're converting our day-long conference into a 2-part webinar (9am - noon and 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm).

I have set it up as a custom webinar with 2 sessions.

However, when I add the webinar details to my calendar, only the time of the first session appears on my calendar. Similarly when attendees download the calendar invite.

Also, can you confirm that I (the organizer) can end the first part of the webinar and then use the same link to start the second part of the webinar?  And that attendees can use the same link?  Will the recording for the two parts be 1 long recording or two separate recordings?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: "Add to calendar" for SERIES webinars only adds the first date to Outlook Calendar

Has there been any change in the status of how a outlook calendar entry can be generated for each session off a custom re-accuracy?

I do like the suggestion made in this thread that each session be given its own add to calendar button.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

No Google or iCal calendars options for Multi Sessions

The multi session webinars do not offer the Google or iCal calendars. Only Outlook is provided.

Single session webinars do still have all three calendars options.

Please put in a fix for this issue.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: No Google or iCal calendars options for Multi Sessions

Second that. Such simple issue still exist today.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: "Add to calendar" for SERIES webinars only adds the first date to Outlook Calendar

That is actually not fully true.
The calendar-file ".ics" will be stored with this directive:
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE

which is defined by Microsoft to exactly do what we see: save only the first event even there is a series defined in the ics-file. 

See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/exchange_server_protocols/ms-oxcical/d2a0a079-02a6-4643-9...

Thus, there is no real workaround other that editing the file and saving it. 

Which is no usable solution for my customers since the file is generated by GoToWebinar and send directly to attendees.

Maybe a suggestion: add an option to disable that flag or explain why it is set during creation

Highlighted
New Contributor

I see that this reply wasn't added to the post I want to add it. However, there should be a reliable solution and this thread doesn't seem to be really solved.