cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: "Add to calendar" for SERIES webinars only adds the first date to Outlook Calendar

In my case, Glenn, mine is not a "regular sequence", instead being set as close as possible to dates *after* the 15th and last days of each month to host  "new employee" type of orientation sessions (based upon availability of both the presenter and the organizer). We needed the convenience of having the dates included in the drop-down so the new-hires/their managers would have a single URL to access for this event.
New Contributor

Re: "Add to calendar" for SERIES webinars only adds the first date to Outlook Calendar

Hi All

I've received this reply from the Support Desk which confirms that it will work for a regular sequence but not otherwise:

The Add To Outlook functionality built in to GoToWebinar is dependent on the limitations in Outlook for recurring calendar items. If Outlook does not support the pattern of the additional recurring dates in the calendar file, it will only read the initial date.

Each session must be:

1) Same time of day

2) Same duration

3) The pattern must be the same every week or month

4) Recurring every Wednesday and Friday is fine, but Wednesday this week, Friday next week, and Monday the week after will not work

5) An easy test to see if the pattern you want will be understood is to go to Outlook and create a new empty calendar item and go to recurrence. The patterns there are the ones that Outlook understands. Anything else will not be.

New Contributor

Thank you, Barbara, for passing along this information. This "cause & effect" explanation would be worth GoTo adding to the Organizer Panel!
New Contributor

I was searching for this same issue.... I'm an organizer for aprpox 12 different monthly orientation sessions.  They're pretty much all on a regular pattern, 1st Monday, 2nd Tuesday etc of the month.  Its still only adding the first session of each to my calendar.  Smiley Sad  I'm sure that this used to work fine even for non-regular sessions under an older version.
New Contributor

This is so painful.  Reporting/complaining about the same issues over and over.  I have a similar issue.  I have a series of events, and each schedule 6 to 10 occurrences of each event, but NOT on any exactly recurring schedule.  The "add to Outlook" function is useless. Perhaps you could have "add to Outlook" for each individual session.  That would work...although it would be more work.  I need to get these events into some visual calendar so I can determine if my schedule has conflicts...by the way...the cheap tool, GoToMeeting, has conflict checking...but not GoToTraining.
New Contributor

Same issue here. The "Add to calendar" feature should work properly. It's not an Outlook issue. Make a proper ICS file that adds each meeting...or even multiple buttons to add ALL of the meetings. 
New Contributor

I have exactly the same problem and it is a pain. My attendees have to manually add each of the remain sequence dates into their calendar which is really frustrating and unprofession (in my opinion).
New Contributor

I complained about this months ago...maybe a year or more.  What would help would be the option to add events in a series individually.  Simply an "add to calendar" link for each occurrence, and then another "add to calendar" link for the whole series.  If your series matches Outlook's expectation, great.  If not, add each event separately.  Seems like an easy fix if Citrix really wanted to help here. 

I have had this issue for so long that I've resorted to doing a "scheduled training report," manipulating it a bit in Excel, and then importing it into Outlook.  It's a bit of a pain, but my calendar is less of a mess.

The other issue with adding a series of events to the calendar, is that if you add additional events before all of the old ones are past, you can easily end up with duplicate entries on the calendar.

Last complaint...still no conflict checking in GoToTraining.  It doesn't warn you when you schedule two events for the same time slot.   
New Contributor

So not be pessimistic but it doesn't sound like "they" read the forum, take suggestions and then implement improvements.
New Contributor

Time for users to use join.me or other, I thought GoToMeeting was the best one but lacks major feature. business should not have to work around technology like this.. I have to tell customers I can only have set scheduled because our GoToMeeting cannot save them correctly...hmmm