cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Developer33
New Contributor

Configuring Hamachi troubles.

Hi everybody: I´m just starting with Hamachi, but I have many problems. We are interested in using Hamachi for use in our small business. First we would like to do some tests  and see how our system behaves, but we do not know how to properly configure our server  Sql Server 2014.  Home Network does not exist anymore in Windows 10.  Can you help us how to do it?
 Thank a  lot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anon101221
Active Contributor

Re: Configuring Hamachi troubles.

I assume you have a simple home-like network with a router and all the computers behind it and want to build a virtual LAN with Hamachi, where you can safely access your SQL server outside the physical network?

If yes, then the stuff isn't really rocket science.

Here a short simple overview what to do:

a) install the hamachi software on all clients that need access to the SQL server and log them all in with your account

b) log into your logmein website profile and set up a hub-and-spoke network or whatever network type you want.

c) edit your network and add all the clients and hosts on the website 

d) restart all devices that has hamachi.

e) now all clients and servers has virtual IPs that you can use

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Developer33
New Contributor

there is not much help in this forum.

Anon101221
Active Contributor

I assume you have a simple home-like network with a router and all the computers behind it and want to build a virtual LAN with Hamachi, where you can safely access your SQL server outside the physical network?

If yes, then the stuff isn't really rocket science.

Here a short simple overview what to do:

a) install the hamachi software on all clients that need access to the SQL server and log them all in with your account

b) log into your logmein website profile and set up a hub-and-spoke network or whatever network type you want.

c) edit your network and add all the clients and hosts on the website 

d) restart all devices that has hamachi.

e) now all clients and servers has virtual IPs that you can use