cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kutuzov
New Contributor

Disk locked after removal Hamachi

Good evening. After removing Hamachi, the disk on which Hamachi was located became blocked. I tried to restore permissions for users in the disk properties, but in the end nothing changed. My friend is doing the same. How to fix?

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Disk locked after removal Hamachi

Hi @Kutuzov,

Can you provide more details such as what operating system you are using and what you mean by blocked? Hamachi is a VPN network connection, user permissions are managed by the operating system.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Kutuzov
New Contributor

Operating system Windows 10 Home. After you uninstall Hamachi, you cannot open/delete/move anything from drive D. This is not the first time I have encountered this problem; after the last time I had to reinstall the system. What the hell is wrong with this Hamachi?

Kutuzov
New Contributor

Operating system Windows 10 Home. After you uninstall Hamachi, you cannot open/delete/move anything from drive D. This is not the first time I have encountered this problem; after the last time I had to reinstall the system. What the hell is wrong with this Hamachi?
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hamachi is only a VPN/network interface, so just installing it or uninstalling it would not affect your ability to delete local files.  

If an external user was sharing files with you and saved or created files on your D drive under their user account you may not be able to easily delete them as they were not created by you. 

Hamachi is only a network connection, file sharing services are not a function of Hamachi itself and are governed by the operating system: Windows File Sharing in Windows 10 and 11 (Microsoft no longer supports earlier Windows versions)

Elmooooo
New Contributor

[Solution Found ]Hamachi changed my drive rights

Hello,

after installing Hamachi i noticed that Hamachi deleted my administrator rights on my drive.

even when i try to give my self rights back for my drive it doesnt do something.

My Pc Name changed also to i tried to solve the problem but there is no one with the same problem on the internet.

Windows cant read and wont open my files on my drive anymore.

I dont know what caused this problem.

Need help.

Thank you.

Solution found this will format your Drive:

Format your Drive and then open CMD as administrator with Windows key +  R type type in CMD

write in cmd following diskpart after that write list disk (your drive will be showed up)

write here select disk (number of you drive could be 2,3 etc) then write in clean

after that you drive will be cleaned up everything will be gone.

Restart your PC you will notice windows doesnt show your second drive anymore.

dont panic open the Console command via Windows Key + R again and write in diskmgmt.msc give your second drive a new volume and format it to type GPT and give you drive a new Name example 😧

if done restart you pc again and everything should be gone and you can download and play steam games again.

thank you for patience.

Elmooooo
New Contributor

Hey,

did you find a fix for this ?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

When you install Hamachi, make sure you install it to the default C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\ only.

Hamachi has a system service component that requires protection to prevent malicious attacks, if you install to a location that is not C:\Program Files[ (x86)]\ the same permissions will be applied to the location you install it to.