cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iconize
Visitor

Re: Hamachi VPN not working on M1 and M2 chips Macs

Please fix the working of Hamachi on Mac M1/M2, we have several paid services and hundreds of devices.

cobi1024
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi vpn app won't start on macOS with M2 processor. How can I solve it?

this is not a solution.

it just states that there are no plans to add support, even if the customer base would very much like support to be added -- for years now!

cobi1024
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi VPN not working on M1 and M2 chips Macs

it doesn't seem like they want to fix it. @GlennD thinks that saying "it won't be supported" is a solution.

so many people are asking for this to be solved, and i'm not sure why they don't want to solve it. everyone is back in the office and this makes this capability even more critical.

never mind the fact that many tech companies appear to be moving to ARM-based designs.

cobi1024
Active Contributor

@ITadminJ @gradarius - just tried installing hamachi on windows 11 through parallels - appears to work just fine now. you may have to reinstall (so install twice after you've attached to your network). it would work just like zerotier would (so no new network connection on windows).

i tried it on macos a few months ago via a parallels VM so maybe it works now. perhaps give it a try.

now to give it a spin on windows 11 for surface 9 ARM - i hope it works - those are expensive machines!

cobi1024
Active Contributor

it doesn't seem like it's been resolved on macOS just yet. it's still using installer from 2019. for now, it would seem like windows 11 ARM is supported, but need more testing.

windows 11 on parallels appear to be working as well.

network configuration on windows 11 ARM doesn't look like the configuration on x86 installs. it doesn't install a network adapter hence no way to mark it as a private network vice public, so adding an ARM machine on network (to remote in) may not work just yet.

previous versions (as of a month ago) did install a network adapter similar to zerotier, so maybe they're still playing with configurations. hopefully macOS support will come at some point.

either way, these are all improvements in the right direction in supporting ARM.