cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H4X0R46
New Contributor

Slow internet speeds after installing Hamachi

I've been having this issue for so long now! For some reason, my internet is blazing fast until I install Hamachi. Certain website downloads are affected but others aren't. for instance, downloading a zip file from "downloads.oneplus.com" WITHOUT Hamachi shows 3 minutes left. AFTER installing Hamachi, that same file now says 20 Minutes.... Same issue happens with Microsoft's download servers, when trying to download the Windows 10 iso, Hamachi just DESTROYS the download speed when my internet is more than capable of downloading large files quickly!

Even uninstalling Hamachi leaves the same affect, almost like there's something left in the system that causes this, registry data maybe? Any pointers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
oyvindhauge
New Contributor

Re: Slow downloads after installing Hamachi

Try this to check the status of Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level

netsh interface tcp show global

and if it is disabled, turn it on with

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

This helped me and two mates. The settings need to be run with admin rights cmd  (and shift+ctrl when you run it).

As far as we understand it you would most likely want Receive-Side Scaling State enabled as well.

netsh interface tcp set global rss=enabled

We have not tested Hamachi after changing these settings. Nevertheless, just wanted to share because this problem was making us crazy.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61
Amb1gamer

Help hamachi made my internet connection so slow in my computer

Smiley SadSo am 64 bit tried to change the metric to 9000 didn't work tried reinstalling didn't work tried disabling hamachi adapter didn't work WHAT DO I DO 😞

Soporte_Pixvs
Active Contributor

Re: Help hamachi made my internet connection so slow in my computer

Hello.

You have to download an older installer and re-install the hamachi for works again.

Elinor_Dashwood
Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi VPN slows down LAN connection

@DainisLV @Kotala  It's not ideal - but I mutually block all traffic between peers that I know are on the same LAN. This forces the traffic to use the physical LAN connection instead of the Hamachi VPN connection. It means the peers on the same LAN always appear as "red" to each other, but it gets around the slow traffic between machines.

Sjaco
New Contributor

Installing Hamachi slows my internet speed

Before installing Hamachi my internet speeds are showing 200Mb/s. After installing it I constantly get 60Mb/s. I have uninstalled Hamachi but nothing changes, is there a setting somewhere that can resolve this?

Sjaco
New Contributor

Re: Installing Hamachi slows my internet speed

My system specs, I meant to put this in the original post.

Windows 10 latest patches

i7 4790k @ stock

16GB DDR3

1TB NVMe drive

My internet is 200Mb/s but after installing Hamachi it falls to 60Mb/s

Sjaco
New Contributor

I just did a test on a Windows 10 VM and when I installed Hamachi the VM went from 200Mb/s to 60Mb/s could this be a setting somewhere or a bug?

Cykr1L
Active Contributor

got the same problem here ... after installingy hamachi i`ve got slow downloads on HTTP and on steam, origin and so on ... uninstalling hamachi doesn`t fix it ... need some help

i`ve testet jdownloader and if i download something 10 files with 20 downloads chucks at the same time i got mei 1 gigabit speed ... but this is the only way

Cykr1L
Active Contributor

got the same problem here ... after installingy hamachi i`ve got slow downloads on HTTP and on steam, origin and so on ... uninstalling hamachi doesn`t fix it ... need some help

i`ve testet jdownloader and if i download something 10 files with 20 downloads chucks at the same time i got mei 1 gigabit speed ... but this is the only way

H4X0R46
New Contributor

So I'm not the only one! Yeah I tried EVERYTHING to get my speeds back, I finally got frustrated and reinstalled Windows on my PC, and found an alternative for Hamachi. I will never use Hamachi again because of this issue that was only fixed by a clean OS install. Not sure if I'm allowed to mention what I use now, so message me if you're curious 🙂