cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cehahe5692
New Contributor

Is Hamachi still good for LAN multi-player?

I'm getting a friend of mine the game during thus summer sale. However, I already experienced a bit of multi-player from other friends of mine and the ping is unbearable reaching 200-400 ms and disconnecting. We used Hamachi in Unturned before and the ping was great. Is Hamachi a good way to LAN?

1 REPLY 1
kingdomfantasy6

Re: Is Hamachi still good for LAN multi-player?

I know I'm responding a month late, but I'm going to have to go with no.

Was playing multiplayer with friends, and suddenly Hamachi stopped working for me, even after I did every techie thing reccomended, from mucking with firewall settings to adjusting network settings.

Now, part of this could be I never verified my hamachi account just now, but there's nothing stating that's a potential issue. On top of that, all of Hamachi's help articles are terribly written, with nothing that would help your average user who never touches command prompt.

If you can, I would HIGHLY suggest, creating your own gaming server. Either with a cheap desktop pc, or with a raspberry pi set up. That would be the best option.

Some games allow multiplayer via Steam's servers which is another viable alternative. Or even going through other game server services.