cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwdslicer
Active Contributor

Problems with the "Skip MFA at trusted locations" policy saving IP addresses and MFA in force

Hey, I'm new to LastPass Business and am going through the setup yesterday and today. I spent a while ripping my hair out with some of the policies - specifically the "Skip MFA at trusted locations". Basically the issue is that after I enabled it and tried to add in a couple of our static IP addresses, it would save but then afterwards not actually show the IP address that I added. We only have 3 static IPs at my company and I tried adding them individually as well as together, separated by a single space and/or new line. Hitting save would complete but then when clicking into it to view the details, the IP address would be gone. I refreshed, cleared my cache and did all the usual things you'd do. I had the same issue in both Edge and Chrome. Finally, after like the 30th try, it seemed to save one of the IP addresses. Then it saved the second one in a separate container. Then I couldn't get it to save the 3rd one. 

The other issue now is that even though it has finally saved some of the IP addresses, MFA is still prompting when I sign into LastPass. And yes I am accessing LastPass from one of the two IP addresses saved in the policy.

One thing to mention is I'm using the new admin console, so maybe it has some bugs or something. I can't seem to reach out to LastPass technical support at all so I'm coming here to ask.

2 REPLIES 2
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Problems with the "Skip MFA at trusted locations" policy saving IP addresses and MFA i

Hi @pwdslicer 

You should be able to enter the IP addresses all together as long as there is a space between them. If this issue is still happening would you mind making a screen recording of it happening and sending it to me privately? Just click on my profile picture to PM me.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
pwdslicer
Active Contributor

Re: Problems with the "Skip MFA at trusted locations" policy saving IP addresses and MFA i

It seems to have finally saved the IP information. Maybe it was just bad timing since there was some weird issues with the whole LastPass service yesterday.