Make vault items folder a required selection when personal and company accounts linked

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make vault items folder a required selection when personal and company accounts linked

0 Kudos

I have linked my personal lastpass account to my company account, so typically stay logged in to that company account at all times, since then I have access to all the passwords I need day-to-day.

I am finding a pain point when adding a new password/item into my vault using the browser extension. That is, I need to remember to change the folder where it is saved, lest my work colleagues suddenly have access to a personal password of mine. This happens quite frequently to me as the work folder is selected by default and it's not at the forefront of my mind when adding an item that my two accounts are linked.

I would like to make a feature request that when adding an item to the vault via the browser extension, if a user has multiple accounts linked, that the item's folder is a required field that is initially unset. Thus if the user forgets to select it they will see an error message. I had also thought of being able to specify a default account, but then the reverse would happen (work colleagues that should have received access to that password I just added, won't get added if I forget to select the correct folder). I know that this would slightly reduce the speed and ease of adding a new item to the vault, however this makes sense considering the sensitive nature of the data being stored.

Thanks for your consideration!