Send SMS passcode to backup device

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

I recently had an issue with Lastpass login, LastPass Case: 16170543 - Support issue: why does lastpass send access SMS codes to my wife's phone? My experience:

1. On my laptop's Firefox browser I completed Lastpass's login dialog and it told me to check my email for a Lastpass Security Notification.

2. I checked email on my phone, but the email never showed (although this has worked numerous times before).

3. I went back to my laptop and clicked on the Lastpass login dialog option "Send an SMS passcode", but no SMS passcode showed up on my phone. I tried again, but no passcode.

4. Then I received a text from my wife saying she received two texts with passcodes from Lastpass.

I contacted Lastpass support and asked why does lastpass send access SMS codes to my wife's phone? After an hour-and-half support call this behavior was resolved as "as designed" behavior where the SMS codes are sent to the backup device, in this case my wife's phone.

Suggestion: On the login dialog where it reads "Send SMS passcode", change to "Send SMS passcode to backup device".

This little bit of added information would have eliminated my confusion and the need for the hour-and-half support call.