cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boz53
Active Contributor

Absolutely broken on Samsung since LastPass removed its own browser

I had a bad feeling when I got the email from LastPass a few weeks back saying they were withdrawing their own browser from Android and that the LastPass app would instead launch the device's default browser and autofill from that instead.

Well.  Today my app updated, and it's a disaster.  I use a Samsung Galaxy S10.

Sure enough when I click on a saved site in the LastPass app it now launches Firefox - my default browser.

And guess what?  Around half of my several hundred saved sites now no longer autofill. The broswer launches and finds the correct login page, but adamantly refuses to fill in any details.

So I changed my default browser to Chrome to see if that made a difference. Nope. Just as bad.

So now LastPass is totally useless on my phone. I have to go into the app and copy/past user name and password and past into the site on Firefox or Chrome.  What a waste of time (and money - I pay for a Premium Family Subscription).

To be fair, LastPass has always been pretty hit and miss on my phone. Now it's just a near-total miss.

Any suggestions for an alternative service please?

5 REPLIES 5
how3
New Contributor

Re: Absolutely broken on Samsung since LastPass removed its own browser

I have the same issue on my Samsung S10+.  Firefox launches but cannot get it to Autofill.  I'm a paid premium subscriber so expect a resolution, LastPass!

Boz53
Active Contributor

I'm glad - though sad - that it's not just me.
LastPass is great in theory but I have had nothing but trouble with it for 10 years.

And it's "customer service" people couldn't give a ****
Rebecca_S
LastPass Contributor

Hi, thank you for the feedback and for reporting this issue. I will share the browser issues with the development team.

Boz53
Active Contributor

Thank you.
Job1
Active Contributor

Hi,
Just read your post as have been wondering why Ikeep getting directed to Firefox for awhile. Must have missed that e mail about removing LasPass protected browser.
I suspected it might be the case. Like you a bit hit and miss with form fill. Just copy and paste when have to.