cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Android app did not recognize master password, logging in via desktop fixed it

Today I could not sign into LastPass on my phone (Google Pixel 3XL) correctly . I use Firefox for mobile and desktop browser. It was working fine just yesterday.

I have it set to remember username/email, but I must enter the password. Today I could not sign into LP on my phone. I checked to make sure I'm typing it correctly and tried it a bunch of times. I have not updated the app recently. I have not updated my phone recently. I have not changed anything on my phone since just yesterday afternoon.

So I got on here to find some help. I signed in on my laptop.  I did not find anyone else having this exact problem. Thought I would try the phone again before posting the problem. It worked. I signed out of LP on my laptop to see if it would still work. It did.

We aren't having any internet connectivity problems either, I checked that too. Could be a gremlin in the intertubes, but I thought I would post anyway in case someone else needs to try a desktop log in before freaking out that they can't do their job today.

Cheers.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Android app did not recognize master password, logging in via desktop fixed it

We're having issues logging into the app too... interestingly on a Pixel, also. Logging in through the laptop didn't help.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Android app did not recognize master password, logging in via desktop fixed it

Happening to me again today, but logging in to the laptop still works. Sorry it's not working for you. Hope they get it fixed soon. I'm having to work and watch over my kids doing virtual school and run errands. Sometimes I need to log in to somewhere but I'm away from my laptop. Just have to hope it hasn't signed me out yet. 😞

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @dgpamudji 

Could you try to delete the LastPass app, restart your device, and then reinstall the LastPass app to see if that resolves your issue? Thanks!

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Same issue with a Pixel 4.  Worked fine for weeks; suddenly master P/W is invalid.  Tried using desktop and laptop; both worked fine.  Switching back to phone did not clear up the problem.  The RachelO suggestion didn't work either.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Similar issue, but maybe different...
I have installed the LastPass app on a new Xiaomi Android phone, and when I want to log in, I got the following message:
"LastPass doesen't recognize this device or you're at a new location. Please check your email..."
But I never receive an email.

If I login from the browser on the PC and go to Account settings - 'Send test email', it works fine; I receive an email, and it is not in a spam filter etc.
I have tried to log on to LastPass from another browser, no problem.
I have tried to uninstall, restart and reinstall the app again. 
Bottom line: I cannot add my mobile device to my LastPass account.
So; what should I try? I have a premium account, but there is not much support, well, this is the only one I guess.
-

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @Fedte,

So that you do not reveal any account information publicly, could you click on my username and then click the blue "Send a Message" button to let me know what your LastPass account email is so that I can investigate further for you?

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!