cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheppardi
Active Contributor

How do I save an Android App and Web browser access for the same site, ie. same credentials?

Hi, I'm a newbie to LastPass and trialling Families version to see if can work for me.

I access sites both on PC thru web browser (Chrome or maybe Opera) + my Android phone.

Saving login/password credentials in the Web browser is pretty obvious and I can switch between browsers no problem. However, on the phone where it's thru an App it's not so clear.

The mobile App doesn't pick up the saved browser credentials and I can't see any obvious way to link the App login details to those web credentials.

If I have to save and manage them separately what's the point of having a cross platform password manager.

Sorry if I'm just being dumb..

Cheers Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sheppardi
Active Contributor

Re: How do I save an Android App and Web browser access for the same site, ie. same credentials?

Many thanks Rachel.

I don't actually want to launch any site from the vault.

So it looks like for some Apps I would have to manage a separate vault entry from the web entry if the App hasn't been built to accommodate it.

Oh well, not ideal, but hopefully manageable.

Thanks for your help and your patience with me 🙂

Cheers Rob

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I save an Android App and Web browser access for the same site, ie. same credentials?

Hello Sheppardi,

If you have autofill enabled for LastPass on your Android device you should get an option to save new credentials in to your LastPass Vault. You'll want to be sure autofill is enabled correctly following these steps: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-enable-and-use-autofill-in-the-lastpass-passwo...

Atfter that, the first time you attempt to log into any app you should be prompted if you want to add the login, so that LastPass can autofill the credentials the next time you attempt to log in. You can either enable that login for autofill or not. If you opt to add the login, you should be taken to the LastPass app, where you can enter the details for the login. Once you've created the entry in LastPass, the next time you attempt to log into that app, you should be presented with a listing of matching logins. Tap the correct account to have LastPass fill in the authentication credentials. 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Sheppardi
Active Contributor

Thanks RachelO, but that's not my question/problem.

So for example I have an online account with Fidelity. I've already added my login credentials to my vault thru Chrome browser on my PC. Now I want to access the Fidelity App on my android phone, but LastPass autofill just say it's unable to find matching sites.

There's definitely a vault entry for Fidelity, but against a web url and there's no obvious way to say use those same login credentials for the App.

If I set up separately for the App I'll end up with 2 separate entries for Fidelity, which doesn't make sense.

I've tried other Apps where I have set up the web login 1st and have the same problem.

I'm assuming there must be some way to map the App and the Web addresses together, but it's certainly not obvious.

Thanks in advance.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

When looking at the LastPass app, do you see all of your Vault entries (such as for Fidelity?) If not, could you try these steps to force a data sync, which should bring over all of your entries saved on any other devices and sync them to your phone, as long as you are signed in to the same account:

- In the app, tap Settings > Actions > Refresh Vault (or Refresh Sites) & Clear LastPass Cache

- Log out and log back in to the LastPass app

SamuelRichards
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the answer. You helped me a lot.
Sheppardi
Active Contributor

Hi RachelO,

Yes the Vault entries are there.

If I launch the site from the vault it  opens in the web browser, but that clearly isn't usable on the phone.

Clearly the phone App has a different address/launch mechanism, so how is a vault entry set up to recognise both?

Thanks

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the info. When using the Launch button from the LastPass app, this will open a web browser window with the site instead of the app itself, as this is currently a limitation of the LastPass app (it isn't able to launch an app directly, only launch to a webpage.) To autofill in an app, if the app developer has enabled this option, you should see the option to log in with saved LastPass credentials when opening the app manually, but LastPass isn't currently able to launch to an app directly using the Launch button.

Sheppardi
Active Contributor

Many thanks Rachel.

I don't actually want to launch any site from the vault.

So it looks like for some Apps I would have to manage a separate vault entry from the web entry if the App hasn't been built to accommodate it.

Oh well, not ideal, but hopefully manageable.

Thanks for your help and your patience with me 🙂

Cheers Rob

View solution in original post