cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twatterback
New Contributor

Import / Export / Backup passwords in LastPass Mobile (IOS or Android)

If (as we are being forced to do) I choose the free mobile LastPass platform rather than the browser version how can I either import or export my passwords for backup at a later date or a move to another app? There does not appear to be this function in either of the mobile apps?

6 REPLIES 6
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Import / Export / Backup passwords in LastPass Mobile (IOS or Android)

Hello,

While there isn't currently a way to export your Vault data on a mobile device, if a Free user chooses mobile devices a their device type after March 16 they will still be able to access LastPass in a desktop browser for account functions (such as exporting, account recovery, etc.) they will just not be able to access their Vault data or other features such as autofill in a desktop browser..

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
chriseckeard
New Contributor

This does not seem to work as suggested. I'm asked to purchase as with Free, I can not manage my Vault on Desktop when Mobile App is my chosen device. 

twatterback
New Contributor

Thanks for trying it and getting back to me. Like many others I didn't hang around to try and make a deliberately unusable solution work.
I migrated to Bit warden in a matter of minutes and deleted my LastPass account. Although I didn't need to I paid for the premium version as they hadn't try to blackmail me.
I actually found some good new features such as integrated TOTP generation so overall I'm really happy.
I'll never even consider another LogMeIn product.
tombrady
New Contributor

There is no method to export passwords if you choose mobile as your primary device.

Not only can you not export from a mobile device, but you cannot login the desktop version and export there. The desktop version has export under advanced options greyed out on desktop.

Thus, it is not possible to export passwords if you choose mobile device as primary. This is a massive bug, or a huge slap in the face to mobile users.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Our developers are currently working on an issue causing users with Mobile Devices set as their active device type not being able to Export via a desktop web browser, and hope to have a fix for this issue so that Free users can export via a desktop web browser very soon.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
taicv
New Contributor

For anyone who still can not export your vault since Device type was fixed with mobile.

Just start the free Trial Lastpass Family package, then you could access the desktop for 1 month more.